2.4

Chapter 2

Chapter 2.4-
Close

Kirishima wasn't sure what to think when Bakugo had asked to hang out after school, he had known the ash blonde since their first year and not once had he made the move to hang out. Kirishima didn't know if he should be excited or concerned.
As the two walked, Kirishima slowly began to recognize where he was. They were near the community center, high school kids went there a lot after school so it wasn't exactly weird to be there. What was weird was that they'd stopped at the bakery before, picking up bread, and then stopping on the bridge. Kirishima watched as the koi swam silently down the small channel but was concerned when Bakugo stiffened. Following the blondes line of sight, he saw you, bounding out with Jirou in tow.
"Oh its Jirou.." Kirishima murmurs earning a quiet hum from his usually loud and angry friend. Kirishima had to do a double take when he saw the soft smile on Bakugo's face. You stopped infront of the two boys, signing an excited greeting to your new friend, him waving in response.
"This is Ki-ri-shi-ma" Bakugo signs, muttering the words loud enough for his red head friend to hear. You turn to Kirishima and wave with a smile, him only blushing and waving back awkwardly.
"So why bring me here, Bakubro?" Kirishima questions, feeling like he's imposing on Bakugo's obviously cherished time with the girl.
"Well... we're friends aren't we?" Bakugo questions weakly. The suggestion pained the blonde, worry flooding into his brain, worry that he'll hurt the red head even when its been demonstrated that the boy won't leave his side. Kirishima smiles widely, that was the first time Bakugo had ever referred to him as a friend.
"Yeah, we are!" The red head says excitedly, earning a giggle from you. He looked silly in your opinion. You tap on the railing, the sound getting Bakugo's attention.
'Is the bread for the fish?' You sign, his nod brightening your smile. He rips a piece off, handing it to you so you can take pieces and throw them to the fish, Bakugo leans next to you doing the same.
"He's changed hasn't he?" Kirishima murmurs to the purple haired girl beside him.
"Yeah." The girl states, small smile forming as she watched her dear cousin smile and laugh at the blonde, "He has." She says.
"What do you think happened?" Kirishima questions. She didn't know. It was like a switch had been flipped and the Bakugo Katsuki class 3-A had known, was suddenly nicer, quieter, and happier. His anger only coming out when he was stressed or during training. Though, Bakugo was pretty straightforward, Kirishima knew it
"Hey Bakugo?" Kirishima calls, the blonde turned to him, clearly pissed, "what happened to you?" the red head asked. A simple question that made the boys face soften, Bakugo knew what he meant, he knew that he'd changed. The answer the two got surprised them, caused Kirishima to freeze and for Jirou to question her thoughts on the boy. An answer that made the two feel dear to Bakugo in some sort of way, a way that made him not want to lose them.
"I didn't die."