2.1

Chapter 2

Chapter 2.1-
Regret

Bakugo slammed the door to his home, not even blinking when a toddler throws herself into his legs. For months now his family had been taking care of his cousins little girl during the day.
"Kat!" The girl squeals as he picks her up. Once his head raises though, he comes eye to eye with his mother. This would be the second time he's ever seen his mother cry, stumbling as she throws herself into him, almost crushing the toddler under the hug. She blubbered nonsense as she repeatedly kissed Bakugo's face as he yelled for her to get off, only to smack him across the face when she pulled away.
Bakugo was stunned, he and his mother had gotten into play fights before but this was different, the slap stung a thousand times more than before.
"I'm not taking your money" she states, her voice raw, strained, hurt.
"And why not?" He challenges as he puts the toddler down. He'd spend three years working nonstop to get that money to pay her back for the 8 pairs of hearing aids and his own pair, which was well over a million yen.
"I'm not taking your damn suicide money, Kat." She says pulling him into another hug, "You saved that up only to be able to kill yourself after, so I'm not fucking taking it" she spits. He could tell how hurt his mother was and that hurt, it felt like he'd bullied the girl all over again, the emotions stronger than ever. That's when he falls apart sobbing into his mother's arms.
"I'm sorry" he chokes out clinging to his mother, god he felt pathetic, sobbing into his mothers arms like a baby, but for the first time in a while he felt at peace.
"What the fuck are we gonna do with the money?" He questions quietly, a quiet laugh falling past his lips.
"Charity" is all his mother murmurs.
"Charity" He repeats, he wasn't to opposed to that idea.