Chapter 20

Jake's POV:

I appreciate Kylie's company while I studied. Her feeding me and helping me relax was adorable. But now I want to do something for her. I kiss her forehead and look into her eyes. I kiss her slowly, which she returns just as slow. Her hand cups my face as I lean into it. It's soft, sweet, short kiss. I pull away and whisper "I want to do something." Her eyes flutter open, and stare back at mine with confusion. I peck her lips one last time before getting up. I take my jacket from the coat hanger and put it on her, it fits her perfectly, god I love her. I take her hand and walk out of our apartment. "What are we doing? And where are we going?" She asks but I keep silent. I walk to the fire exit and let go of her hand to open the window. I crawl through it, standing on the stairs. I put my hand out that she takes. She climbs to the stairs carefully as I hold her so she doesn't trip or get hurt. When she's fully out, I take her hand again, holding it as I walk up the stairs. It's quite a bit of walking since we are the 3rd floor of the complex. After about 10 minutes of walking up stairs carefully, not to wake anyone, we finally make it to the roof. I sit in the middle of the roof and Kylie sits down beside me. I put my arm around her and she leans into me. "This is what you wanted to do?" She asks with a smile and I nod. "Look up." I say nodding up to the sky. The sky is filled with stars, there would be more but we are still in the city and the city lights cancel out the stars. "They are beautiful..." She whispers and I look at her. "You are beautiful." I say and she looks at me with a smile. This is all I could ask for. Kylie. 

I hold her cheek, cupping it

I hold her cheek, cupping it. "I love you Kylie. And nothing will change that. I love you for you, not your body, but I do love your body as well. But mostly, I love you. Your personality, just everything about you." I whisper and Kylie's eyes sparkle, and not just from the moonlight. "I love you too Jake, so much." She whispers before pressing her lips against mine. 

Alisha's POV:

Shawn's face drops a bit when I tell him about the date. Weird. "Yah cya." He says with a nod. I give him a hug before heading inside my house. I close the door with a smile, feeling giddy. I run up the stairs to my room. I look through my closet for a decent outfit. I pull out a black top and some black jeans. I take off the clothes I wear right now, and put on the clothes I picked out. I pull my denim jacket off of its hanger, and put over my shoulders. 

I feel a pair of arm go around me and I lean back into them with a smile. Zayn lays his head on my shoulder and kisses my cheek. "Hey" I say with a smile and kiss his nose. "Hey," He says with a smile. "You ready?" He asks and I nod. "Great go downstairs and I'll meet you down there once I'm ready."  He gives me a quick peck before I walk down the stairs. I sit on the couch, using my phone, until something catches my eye. The kitchen window. I walk to the kitchen window, opening it and see Shawn. He opens his own kitchen window and waves at me." You look beautiful" I snort before I smile. "I'm just wearing something casual." I say and he shrugs. "You always do." I'm about to say something but I hear footsteps down the stairs. I look back at Shawn. "I'll see you late ok?" I say and close the window before Shawn could say anything. I turn around to Zayn who's wearing a simple white tee with some acid washed jeans. "C'mon babe." He says opening the door. He puts his arm around me and walks out to his car. He gets into the drivers seat, as I go to the passenger seat. The drive is pretty quiet, I would prefer some music but it'd "distract Zayn's driving". He pulls up to a fancy looking restaurant, that I don't mind of course, but I'm not the type for that. We head inside, where it's mostly dim lights and candles at each table. 

We sit at a table, across from each other

We sit at a table, across from each other. I pick up the menu, looking through it and make a face. Its all seafood. "What's wrong? Do you not like the food? We can go somewhere else." He says noticing my expression and I shake my head quickly. "No no it's ok its just one night right." I say and he nods. He orders his dish, some Krab legs or something, and I just order some eggrolls from the appetizers. Beside the food, the date was amazing. We shared some history, and old stories, well he did while I listened interested. I finish my food before Zayn, it was only a few eggrolls anyways, he stuffs his food down and wipes his hands on his napkin. "Can we go for a walk at the park?" I ask, knowing he has work in the morning, but maybe we could? He thinks for a bit before nodding. "Not too long of course." I add. The waiter comes around with the check, and I pay in cash, adding a $20 tip. I know how people get excited over tips, my mom always did when she came back from work, and now so do I. Zayn takes his large hand in mine, and we walk to the park. It's already night time, and some kids are playing in the playground. We walk around them and I smile watching them. I remember playing hide and seek in the night at a play ground with my mom's friends kids. I kind of miss those days, but now maybe my kids will have that. Who knows maybe with Kylie and Jake's kids. Its surprising, how one day you imagine your life with someone else, getting married, having kids, going on adorable dates, and growing old together, then reality changes. And now I'm with Zayn, at least now my parents are proud of me.