Chapter 16

Jake's POV:

We both end up falling asleep in each other's arms. Well Kylie does. Me on the other hand, I'm too filled with joy to sleep. We are a couple once again, and I will not mess up this time. I have too much to lose. I have Kylie to lose. I will not lose her again. I want to see her at the altar in a beautiful white dress, anything she wears she looks beautiful in. I can't even begin to think how much she means to me. The whole world. She always has been. The only reason I would "satisfy" myself with those other girls is because of Kylie. I missed her. Missed talking to her. And that's how I filled the void up. But now I have her. And she's not going anywhere, neither am I. I run my fingers through her hair slowly and kiss the top of her head. She smiles in her sleep and I smile at the sight of her. We both have classes tomorrow, and I should probably head to sleep, even my eyes are starting close, but I keep my eyes on Kylie. Or at least try to until my eyes shut and I fall into a deep slumber.

Alisha's POV:

His words have me at shock. I look at him over my shoulder but he's already looking at me. My back is pressed against his chest, meaning our faces are closer than I thought. "Me? Your favorite person?" I ask in a whisper and he nods. "You always were." He whispers back and his breath fans out over my face, a hint of vanilla. I can feel my eyes drifting down to his lips, but I shake my head and close the book. I move out of between his legs and sit next to him, laying down on my back, laying my head on the pillow. He lays down awkwardly beside me, and we both look up at the sky. "Why?" I ask. "Why what?" He asks turning his head to the side to look at me. I turn my body to the side to face him. "Why am I your favorite person?" I ask. "The same reason you always were." He explains and I nod. "Well we alllll know I'm awesome" I say and laugh a bit which he just chuckles to. "Indeed you are Alisha." He says and I smile at him saying my name. "Don't you have work in the morning?" I ask. "Don't you have class in the morning" He retorts back. "In fact I do and I'm behind my sleeping schedule." I say closing my eyes. Just then my stomach growls and Shawn chuckles. "Did  you have dinner?" He asks "Not yet-" I say shaking my head. "Let me see what I have..uhh" He says sitting up and looking through his bag. He pulls out 2 bags of chips, lays original and hot cheetos. I grab the cheetos first opening them, my mouth already watering. For the night, it's us munching on chips and laughing at old memories until we fell asleep.