Butterflies - Ch. 24

(Reader) felt the rain softly drizzle on her skin, as she walked through the forest; next to the River of Tears

(Reader) felt the rain softly drizzle on her skin, as she walked through the forest; next to the River of Tears. She never minded the rain, and everyone else seemed fine with it as well. Until it started to pour. The rain began to hit the ground with a hard sound, bits of thunder sprinkled in.

Flower had already put her hood over her head, Fukase a Piko were huddled under an umbrella, and Oliver had James on his shoulder with his coat covering them. (Reader) was the only one without something to cover herself with, now soaked to the bone and shivering. 

Flower stole a glace at the shivering (Reader), who was walking next to her. "You can have my jacket if you want." Flower whispered into (Reader)'s ear. "No, I'm fine." (Reader) assured her. (Reader) continued to walk, minding her business,  before feeling soft fabric being wrapped around her. 

"Flower. I told you, I'm fine." (Reader) spoke, as she spun around to face the now hoodless girl. "I know, but you're soaking wet and shivering." Flower responded. (Reader) began to take off the jacket, but stopped when she felt Flower's hand on hers. "You're going to be the one soaking wet and cold, if you don't wear your coat."

"I'm okay with that." Flower smiled. "Well I'm not." (Reader) snapped back. "Calm down. If you're really that worried then you and I can share the coat." (Reader) took a deep breath, feeling her face heat up. She nodded and took the jacket off fully. 

Flower huddled next to (Reader), the two holding the jacket over their heads. (Reader)'s breathing was somewhat heavy and shaky, the intense butterflies in her stomach making it hard for her to look at Flower. 

Flower chuckled at the girls flustered nature. "Don't laugh!" (Reader) spoke, louder than intended. "You're cute when you're flustered." Flower smiled. The feeling of butterflies grew to an enormous sizes, and (Reader) felt compelled to kiss Flower; but ignored the temptation. Or so she tried to. 

She gave in to her emotions, and gave Flower a simple peck on the cheek. "How bold of you." Flower giggled, her cheeks a dusty shade of pink. "It's simply a ladylike way of showing my affection for you." (Reader) said proudly, her head held high.

"Hey! Try to keep up!" Fukase yelled, snapping the two out of their romantic trance.  "Yes! Of course! Our apologies." (Reader) yelled back. The two girls started to pick up their pace, but still keep a good distance behind the rest of the group.

"If I'm to be honest, I wanted to do more, than just kiss your cheek." (Reader) muttered. "So why didn't you?" Flower asked. "I didn't know if you would be okay with it." (Reader) looked down at her feet, wanting to avoid eye contact. "I would've. Do you still want to do more?" Flower asked, attempting get some kind of eye contact. 

"I only wanted to kiss your lips, nothing more nothing less." (Reader) took a deep breath. "I didn't suspect anything more." Flower looked away. The two walked in silence for a bit, while (Reader) contemplated what she should do.

She wanted to kiss Flower, but didn't want to come off too strong. 'She assured me that she would be okay with it. And I want to kiss her.' (Reader) thought to herself. She pondered the though for a moment, before reaching a conclusion. 

"Flower?" (Reader) spoke up, breaking the silence between the two. "Yes?" Flower spoke softly. "Are you still okay with the thought of kissing me?" (Reader) asked. "I wouldn't have kissed you that night, if I didn't. And I wouldn't have told you I was, if I wasn't." Flower answered.

(Reader) felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter around uncontrollably, as she remembered the kiss they had shared. "Would you be okay with me kissing you now?" (Reader)'s voice shook slightly. Flower stopped moving, causing (Reader) to stop moving as well.

(Reader) turned to look at Flower. Flower gently cupped one (Reader)'s cheek, leaned down, and place her lips on (Reader)'s. (Reader) kissed back almost immediately. The feeling of Flower's lips brushing against hers, was enough to send shivers up her spine. 

(Reader) felt like her face was on fire. Flower slowly parted her lips from (Reader)'s lips. The two girls breathing heavily. "Does this feel right to you?" (Reader) asked, tears forming in her eyes.