1. Moving to the Pink Palace

(Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this new story!)

I grabbed a box out of the moving van and looked up at the place I'd be spending the rest of my life.

The pink palace...never heard of it. My parents got new jobs and needed to move so they would be closer.

That means new school, new friends, new life.

"Hurry up, N/N" Mom called.

"S-sorry!" I said. I carried the box into my house and brought it up to my room.

There was some cracks in the wall and it looked very old. I sighed as I placed the box on my bed. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

I looked up when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. I looked up and saw Mama. I have a Mom and a Mama. My parents are lesbians. I never minded, why should I?

I always thought that's how every family was until I went over to a friends house and she had a Mom and a Dad.

"Yes, Mama?" I asked.

What Mama looks like

*What Mom looks like*

"Wanna go outside and explore while your Mom and I finish putting things away?" Mama asked

"Yeah, sure!" I said.

"Okay, be safe. Come home before dark" Mama said.

"Yes, ma'am" I said. I grabbed my jacket and ran outside.

I walked past the gates of the pink palace. I tried to find something interesting, but there wasn't really anything.

I came to a hill and got hope that there was something interesting there. I walked up the hill and sighed when there wasn't anything.

Suddenly I heard a loud vroom type sound. Like a motorcycle? I looked up the hill and saw a guy with a mask...on a motorcycle.

He began to drive towards me. My eyes widened and I backed up. He stopped in front of me.

"Dude, you can't just scare people like that!!" I scolded. He took his mask off and I realized he wasn't a man, but he was around my age.

*What Wybie looks like*

"S-sorry! I just wanted to warn you" He said

"S-sorry! I just wanted to warn you" He said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Warn me about what?" I asked.

"That well you're stepping on" He answered. I looked down and backed off the well that I hadn't even noticed.

"What's so bad about it?" I questioned. He sighed and looked away.

"I can't exactly explain it...something happened and you just- you wouldn't believe me...just don't go near it and DON'T open it" He said sternly.

"Okay, okay. Fine..." I said. Weird....

"My names Wybie!" He said brightening up and putting his hand out for me to shake.

"Wybie?" I asked shaking his hand.

"Yeah...a lot of people think its weird...its short for Wyborne" He said rolling his eyes at the mention of his name.

"No, I don't think its weird...its just unique. I've never heard it before so I was confused" I reassured him.

"Oh...so you like it?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's cool. Anyway, my names Y/N" I said with a smile.

"Y/N" He repeated in awe. "It's pretty" He said making me blush.

"Thank you...um so...are you the only kid around here?" I asked.

"No, I'm not. I used to be, but a couple of years ago another kid moved here" He answered.

"What's their name?" I asked eager to make new friends.

"Coraline" He answered.

"Coraline? That's so cool! I can't wait to meet her!" I said admiring the name. I didn't notice the jealousy forming on his face.

"Yeah...whatever," He said although I didn't think much of it.

"The people here have such cool names! Y'all are so unique" I said with a small laugh.

"My parent's names are Renee and Phillipa. I guess my Mama's name is pretty normal. And you could say my Mom's name is pretty unique" I said with a smile.

"Mom? Mama? You have two moms?" He asked.

"Yeah! I love them" I said. I gave him a warning look wanting to make sure he wouldn't say anything homophobic.

"Oh no! I wasn't going to say anything rude! I completely support it, Coraline is bisexual and she was my first friend. I was just confused when you said Mama and then Mom" Wybie said putting his hands up in defense.

"Oh, okay. Sorry. Just I gotta defend my moms...just in case" I said with an embarrassed laugh.

"You're really pretty," He said out of nowhere. My eyes widened and my cheeks turned as red as a tomato.

"Oh! Thank you" I said with a smile.

"S-sorry! I can't believe I said that out loud" He said.

"No no... it's fine!" I said. "Um, I should probably get home...I don't wanna worry my moms" I said.

"Oh okay...I'll see you soon...I hope" Wybie said with a smile. He's adorable!

I walked back home with a smile on my face.

Who knew I'd be able to make a friend this fast?

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)