Drink The Pain Away

(Idk what to put as the image so I went with whatever tf this lmao)

Y/N POV:

I'm dancing by myself to the live performance of 'I Squeezed Out The Baby And I Have No Idea Who The Father Is' provided by Ibuki, when Teruteru rings the dinner bell as loud as he can over the music. Everyone heads over to the huge table that has all of my favorite foods on it.

I thank Teruteru multiple times before digging in. Once I'm done with my food, I stack my plate with the other empty plates. We dance to more of Ibuki's songs, when Fuyuhiko and Peko walk back into the party with multiple bottles of what looks to be alcohol.

"Hey! Drinks are here!" Fuyuhiko calls out, placing the bottles on a table. I walk up to him. "Fuyuhiko? Are you sure this is a good idea? We aren't old enough to drink..." I say cautiously. He shrugs off. "Drink if you want, I'm not gonna make you." He rolls his eyes.

Teruteru explains, "Y/N needs a ride. I'll pass for tonight. Sorry 'bout that." I check my phone again for the millionth time tonight... No text or call from my brother. I storm off outside and impulsively decide to call him myself.

When I feel the cool night air hit my skin, I dial his number. Maybe this is a bad idea. I shouldn't bother him. It'll make him mad. He'll lash out on me when I get home. God, why did I even get this idea- "Yes, Y/N?" He asks in an annoyed tone.

Oh, shit.

"Hello, B/N," I say, my voice trembling a bit. The first time I've said his name in a while. "How's the... bakery doing?" "Fine," he says. There's an awkward silence that fills both of our phones. "Today's my birthday," I weakly tell him. "Okay. Is this what you wanted to call me for?" He asks with no care in his voice.

"I'm not even surprised at this point. My classmates gave me a birthday that was better than my own brother. THE ONLY FAMILY I HAVE." I grit my teeth.

"You know what, bitch?!" He begins. "I don't give a fuck if it's your stupid little birthday. I'd much rather be celebrating your funeral than your birthday!!"

His words cut me as deeper than I have ever cut myself. Tears well up in my eyes. He continues, "Besides, you didn't even say goodbye to me when you left for Hopes Peak!"

I scream through tears, "YOU DIDN'T CARE THAT I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE MOST ELITE ACADEMY IN ALL OF JAPAN!!! YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME!! I'VE ALWAYS TRIED TO BE A GOOD SISTER!! I MADE YOU PASTRIES AND DESSERT ALMOST EVERY DAY!!!"

He retorts, "Well you've failed at that like you do with everything! Mom and dad would be disappointed in what you've become!!!"

I scream back, trying my hardest to hide the pain in my voice, "DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT THEM, B/N! THEY WOULD BE PROUD THAT I ATTEND AN ELITE SCHOOL UNLIKE YOU; A USELESS BUM OF A BROTHER!!! AT LEAST I CARRY ON GRANDPA'S LEGACY!!"

He delivers one final blow before hanging up. "WELL HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TO YOU, Y/N! IRONIC THAT YOUR BIRTH KILLED MOM AND MADE DAD HANG HIMSELF 5 YEARS LATER!!"

I throw my phone on the ground, shattering the screen protector. I grab my face with my hands and sob loudly. My own brother doesn't even love me. My only family left.

I take out my pocket knife but before I cut myself, I remember we have alcohol at this party. Dad drank a lot before he died. He told me that it helps him with his depression. I didn't understand him back then. I was so little. Now I'm all grown up and following his path.

I wipe my eyes and slowly regain my composure. I pick up my shattered phone and put it back in my pocket, along with the knife. I've been gone long enough that Ibuki has finished her performance and is now playing music on a speaker.

Teruteru locks his eyes on me. He walks up to me, grabs my hand, and asks with full concern, "Y/N..? Are you alright?" I pull my hand away and mumble coldly, "Never better." I walk over to the table with alcohol and pour myself a whole cup. It's kind of spicy, but I can handle it.

One full cup in, I'm a bit lightheaded. Ibuki suddenly pauses the music. "Heeyyy!!!!!" she yells with a hint of drunkenness in her voice. "Let's play some games!! Ibuki is boooorrred!!!"

We end up sitting in a circle thinking of different game ideas to play. We decide on Marry, Fuck, Kill. "Let's have the birthday girl go first!" Gundham declares. "Oh! I'll shall ask her!" Sonia says softly.

"Alright, Y/N! Marry, fuck, kill. Kazuichi, Nagito, and Teruteru!" All three of them look at me eagerly. I say, "Well obviouslyy I'm gonna marry Teruteru! He's my best friend." I wink at Teruteru who's extremely flustered.

I continue, "And I guess I'll fuck Kazuichi...." I look at Kazuichi who's also pretty flustered. Teruteru glares at his friend in a joking way. "Ayyy! I'm getting a piece of Y/N!" Kazuichi cheers, nudging Teruteru a bit.

"Annnnnd I will kill Nagito!" I finish. Nagito sighs and jokes, "Wellllp! I guess my luuuck has ruuuuun out!"

We all laugh our asses off. This is a great way of bonding with my peers. The whole time we continue to play, Teruteru stares at me. I don't really mind.

When we finish the game, Ibuki puts the music back on. I drink more and more until my memory gives out on me.