11

two years later

"Granny, I'm going ta da mall." I said.

"You tellin me or asking fa money?" She asked, laughing.

"I'm telling yuu but shii if you offering money." I said and she laughed.

"Be safe." She said and I nodded. I walk out my house and greet my neighbors with a friendly fake smile. They get on my nerves playin loud ass music all da time. The voice sounds familiar as hell and so do the name, but I can't neva place it.

I picked up my bestfriend Sa'Riya and we rode together singing different songs that she played on the radio through the aux.

I know what your thinking...do I miss Baton Rouge and the answer is no. I have no regrets. 

"Ight get out my car." I said as she played some gay ass Justin Bieber song.

"Fa real. Dis song is my childhood." She said and I laughed at her.

"I useta fw him but now he done switched up." I said and she laughed.

"BABY BABY BABY OOOOOH!" She screamed at the passing cars.

"Turn dis shit owf." I said.

"Yo accent funny." She said and I nodded.

"You say det a lot." I say.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Its a ATL, BR, Jamaica mix." I said.

"Ouh that cool." She said as I pulled into the parking lot.

We was shopping for a good hour before a crowd of people started herding towards the Gucci store. 

"Wonda what that bout." I said.

"Les go find out." Riya said and we went over der.

"Oh shit it YB." A group said.

"Youngboy here?" Sa'Riya asked and I shrugged, not knowing who she talm bout. She pulled me by my wrist to the front of the crowd, against my will.

"LonieBear?" I heard someone say.

There's only one person in the world that calls me that. I snapped my head towards the direction it came from.

"Gorilla!" I said and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso.

"You'on even hug me like det and I'm yo nigga." I heard and I looked at Ben confused.

"You'on remember Kentrell?" Ben asked.

"He's here? Where?" I said, somewhat excited, but at the same time pissed. Ben pointed towards behind me and I turned to him.

"Why ain't you eva call or text? I done had the same number dis whole time." I said.

"Why aint you tell me you knew Youngboy?" Riya asked.

"Ion know Youngboy, I know Kentrell." I said.

"It juss hurt too much ta talk ta yuu. Yuu just lef and shii." Kentrell said.

"Did yuu grow up?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I blew up." he said, smiling.

"Mkay." I said. "Call me nigga." 

And wit dat I left and all my old emotions came runnin back ta my brain.

AND I DON'T LIKE IT.