Chapter Eleven.

Rewritten 03.18.2023

My eyes are glued to the screen as I take in the scenery of this years arena. A forest, a lake, and a steep drop off, the cornucopia at the center of it all. If the tributes are smart, then they'll run as far away from the cornucopia as possible. The bloodbath is the start of the Games, when everybody is together, searching for supplies.

The cameras pan over to the murders, the Capitol folk laughing and smiling with excitement. Marvel, the District One male, makes the first kill by stabbing the District Eight male with a kukri. That was most definitely a planned move, as the Eight male and Cato both were ranked with the highest chances of living. They knew they had to take him out first.

Clove gets the District Ten female, throwing a knife that lands directly in her jugular.  I watch as the District Six female tries to fight the girl from Four, attacking her with a serrated sword. The Four female beats her - brutally, might I add - pushing her to the floor and grabbing the sword. She then slices the girl from Three's leg. The girl from Three turns to run, but gets her throat slit by the District Five male - a surprising kill. There's a view of a fight between the Six female and Ten male, over a sleeping bag. Then, we see Glimmer from One repeatedly stabbing the District Six female, gaining the sleeping bag for herself.

The girl from Twelve and the boy from Nine fight over a bright orange backpack, the fight only ceasing when Clove throws her knife into the boy's back, causing him to cough blood all over the girl - Katniss, her name is. Clove chases Katniss, but as she disappears into the woods, Clove turns back to the cornucopia.

A fight ensues between the District Seven and District Six males, the Seven male soon turning to attack the Ten male. After getting tossed to the ground, he sees the District Five male going after his district partner. He enters that fight, about to kill Five, but the Eleven male interferes. Stupidly, Seven tries to kill Eleven, but Eleven overpowers him, slashing part of his face off and effectively killing him.

The small boy from Four is in the Cornucopia, gaining supplies. He tries to escape, but is unfortunately met by Cato. I force myself to keep my eyes open, watch the Games without revealing weakness to the Capitol. Cato slits the boy's throat with a sword, at least he goes quick. I feel eyes on me, and I turn to see Finnick staring at me, his eyes flickering from me to the screen. I know what he's thinking, that it's not good for me at all to be with someone like Cato. I see his point, I know he's right, but there's just something that has me attached to Cato Hadley.

The fights are still going on as Cato turns his back to the now deceased District Four male, setting his sights on the Four female. This doesn't look good at all, not in Finnick's eyes. I genuinely hope Cato doesn't have plans of killing both of Four's tributes.. he tosses the girl over a crate, allowing Marvel to finish her off. At least that's somewhat a sigh of relief. But now, I'm aware I have to do this myself, because the killings of both Four tributes means Finnick gets to go home.

I watch as the District Six male - the one I've heard had some conflict with Cato in the Training Center - trips, getting himself slashed to death by Cato. Then, the cameras pan to Marvel standing over the Seven female's corpse, a bloody spear in hand. A clip of Glimmer standing over the Five male is shown, before everything calms down. The bloodbath is over.

Only four tributes remain at the Cornucopia; Glimmer, Marvel, Cato, and Clove. Boom. One. Boom. Two. Boom. Three. Boom. Four. Boom. Five. Boom. Six. Boom. Seven. Boom. Eight. Boom. Nine. Boom. Ten. Boom. Eleven. Boom. Twelve. Twelve tributes dead in the first hour, they're halfway done.

The camera shows us glimpses of the remaining tributes. The girl from Eight hiding in the woods, the District Ten male limping through a wheat field - it looks as if he has a crippled foot. The District Three male, barely concealed by the trees, staring at the Cornucopia. Glimmer, Marvel, Cato, and Clove going through the items they've claimed at the Cornucopia. The District Eleven girl, Rue, is spending her time in a tree, extremely close to Katniss, who's still on the ground at the moment. The District Five girl is also in the woods, the District Eleven male in the wheat field. Then, there's the District Twelve male, Peeta, getting a drink from the lake.