After Dinner

~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 14~~~~~~~~~~~~

                         POV Izuku

I smile at Kai and he smiles back at me. I feel a tingle in my chest at being able to finally see his smile. The smile makes all the stress I was feeling earlier seem like a lifetime ago.

That's when the timer on the oven started to go off. I go over and turn off the oven timer. After that I start dishing out food for both me and Kai. I then carry the plates over to the table and put them down. Kai sits down at the table in front of one of the plates. I sit across from him and wait for him to start eating. He cuts into the tonkatsu with his chopsticks and takes a small bite. After a few seconds he politely smiles at me. "It's great Izuku you are a wonderful cook." I feel my face heat up slightly.

"Thank you Kai. That's very sweet, but I'm nowhere near good as my mom was.", I say as I look at my own food. I cut off a piece and take a bite and start to eat.

He looks at me while I eat "Now I can't imagine that there is anyone better at cooking then you.", Kai said softly.

His words mixed with his soft voice cause my face to heat up quickly. "That is very sweet but it's true. She was a wonderful mother and nurse.", I say while continuing to eat.

After we are done eating I take the dishes to the sink and start to wash them. Kai comes over beside me and rolls up his sleeves revealing his strong and slightly muscular forearms before saying, "If you wash them I will dry them. It's the least I can do to say thank you for such a wonderful meal."

I feel my face heat up again and I nod my head. "Th...thank you.", I squeaked out much to my embarrassment. He hummed not commenting on my stuttering which I appreciate.

While passing him a dish our hands touch lightly nearly causing me to drop a bowl.

"Maybe you should sit down.", Kai said softly.

I nod my head and make my way over to the couch and sit down before putting my head in my hands. I hadn't realised how much I miss having dinner with someone else. After a minute or two I hear Kai walking over to me so I pick my head up. He bows his head "Thank you for the meal but I should be returning home.", he said politely with a tinge of what I think is remorse.

I stand up and bow slightly to him. "Ah... Okay Kai thank you for driving us today.", I say while start to feel something making my stomach heavy with what i assume is dread of having him leave me here all alone.

After Kai leaves I go and change my clothes before going to sit on my bed. I'm surprised when I feel tears slipping down my cheeks. I grab my pillow and hug it. The over whelming sense of loneliness pressing in from all angles which causes me to start crying hard into my pillow as I realise how empty and desolate my life feels with out someone else around.

                          POV Kai POV

After leaving Izuku's home I drive back to the base where we keep Eri. Upon entering the door Kurono, and Irinaka are there waiting for me. A obvious relief washes over Kurono which causes me to smirk from under my mask. "Why are you both waiting for me here?", I ask not revealing how I feel about it.

Kurono starts, "We where worried when you didn't return when you said you would. Did something happen?"

"I ran into Izuku while he was doing errands. So I drove him and then we had dinner together at his place.", I said calmly.

After I took off my shoes when going into the house part of the estate. Both of them still following behind me as of silently asking to know more so I continue. "We had Tonkatsu, rice, and spring cabbage for dinner.", I say as I enter my office before getting ready for a long night of work.

(Sorry that this chapter was so short!)