viii

"hurry!"

"hurry!"

"where are they?!"

"west!"

frantic footsteps echoed around the top of shinjuku's wall. you and the rest of shinoa's team fastened your pace to see jida soldiers left and right. you could finally make out the announcement made on the large speakers, "—shinjuku's the second city of the japanese imperial demon army!—the vampire attack is still continuing. civilians should quickly evaluate to the east defensive barrier."

"where's the vampire extermination unit?!"

you click your tongue, speeding away to the west of the barrier. everyone else was right behind you, "what's going on?" yu questions turning his head to face you. you give him a quick glance, "obviously a vampire attack." the enthusiasm was still present in your voice. there was an explosion on the roof of a tower causing the whole place to shake slightly.

two black airplanes came in view after, they floated towards the direction you guys were at. not even seconds later rocket bombs were released from them. a nervous noise left the inky haired boy next to you and he grabs your wrist. your heart almost bursts in your chest from the sudden move while you were being dragged downwards to the floor under the first one. the missiles crashed into the former floor, you skidded backwards to under the roof of the new platform to avoid the medium size bits of concrete.

your hand raised to cover your eyes from the dirt clouds almost touching your figure, wind burst into everyone's face sickeningly. but your heart couldn't help but to burst in excitement. the last thing you felt was fear, instead it was a blood lust with adrenaline. you couldn't let him over take you, not yet you suppose. "dammit, this is absolutely a war!"

"just like what lieutenant colonel guren said. the vampires in the kansai region plan to destroy the japanese imperial demon army." mitsuba explained to yuichiro.

you grit your teeth, groaning loudly. "you guys stay here. i'm going to find the lieutenant colonel." you commanded seriously to the group. there was no way all of this could happen without guren somewhere close. shinoa looked like she was going to protest and almost did, but instead she watch your retreating figure walk towards the right. sadly it didn't went as planned when two vampire soldiers jump off the airplane and blocked your passage.

your red dragon designed war fans immediately appeared, they both blocked an attack made from the two vampires. you twist your fans to the right, twisting their swords away. the two males began to try to fight with their fist but disintegrate when you sliced their chest in synchronization. you took two long jumps backwards, touching the back of yoichi's.

your e/c irises connected with the two airplanes in the air, more vampires descend from it. "yoichi-kun. shoot the airplane! and i'll be here protecting you." you shouted lightly enough so he could hear you. "got it!" he nods sharply, his knee touches the floor while the brown haired boy pulls his bow string backwards. a bright lime green arrow morphs into the weapon, ascending towards one of the airplanes. it disappeared inside the plane before the complete aircraft exploded into bits.