iv

four large devil-like monster masks decorated the all the purple walls

four large devil-like monster masks decorated the all the purple walls. sharp enhanced fangs morphed out their mouth in a terror way. under the demon masks were weapons laid elegantly between shrines, a red string was tied to each boulder separating the weapons. your gaze went towards the mask in the middle, where you got your black demon series gear. the monster was missing a fang from his left upper teeth and right bottom teeth, it's dark crimson eyes glared down at no one in particular.

you waved goodbye at sayuri as she returned the gesture, the elevator doors closed immediately.

"what is this place?" question yuichiro, matching your walking pace. "it's where we store what you want the most: the weapons holding the highest-ranking demon kings." you answered. there was a quick flick behind your ear, you ignored it, not giving any satisfactory to the demon in your fans.

"the highest-ranking..." he repeated, almost in disbelief but refused to express it. he notices you staring intensely at one direction, he follows it to see the monster that you were staring at earlier. "so i can kill vampires if i have that?"

"well, that's up to your skill." guren responded without a glance backwards.

"but they're the same as your sword, right?"

"right. they're the rare black demon series. anyway, enough talk. let's start. i don't have the time to fool around and hang out with you guys."

you huffed, "like i wanted to be here in the first place." your feet started walking towards a random place, already uninterested in the whole process. you couldn't help yourself, you liked being alone and isolated, it gives you the opportunity to think to yourself. but life doesn't give you the benefit, somehow you can never be fully alone, even when you think you are.

someone taps your shoulder, pulling you away from going ten feet deep into your mind. guren's towering figure slightly overpowered yours, "what are you doing? i didn't bring you here to slack off." he says, stabbing your chest with his pointer finger harshly. you glare at him, shoving his hand away with equal force. "okay, lieutenant colonel! damn..." you grumbled, pacing around him coldly. bitch ass. can never have peace and quiet. i should've left with sayuri.

his eye twitched from your sudden coldness towards him, you didn't even say his name. shinoa glances from afar. "yikes." she clicked her tongue, her attention went back to the unconscious three boys with weapons in their hands.

unfortunately, thinking you were going to leave the whole sight, his hand touches your shoulder. "t-tch! idiot, where the fuck are you going?" he stammered angrily, placing his other hand on your shoulder to stop you from moving. his sharp azure bore into yours intensely, his ears grew incredibly hot.

you furrowed your eyebrows, "i'm fucking leaving, dumbass. that's where i'm going. it's obvious i don't want to be here, so i'm going back to my office."