Trying To Remember

*Chapter 1* Makayla's POV

I awoke to boys talking. I opened my eyes and was blinded by bright lights. When i was able to see i noticed my leg in a cast and lost of cuts and bruises all over my body. i then looked up and saw 5 boys starring at me. They all looked like they were crying. All the boys hair were messy and they looked tierd. They came over and stood around my bed. One of them placed his hand on mine. I studied him carefully. He had brown eyes and dark brown, almost black hair. He looked at me with sad eyes. "Makayla. Do you know who i am?" He asked. I shook my head "No. Sorry" I told him. A tear ran down his cheek. He looked at the rest of the boys before exiting the room. I felt bad that i dont know him but its true.

*Zayn's POV*

"She doesnt remember! She doesnt know about me, or the boys! Shes clueless!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Probably waking patients who were sleeping but i dont care. I put my head between my hands as i cried. I couldnt take it. My little sister doesnt remember me, her brother, her best friends Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall, anything about One Direction, or the day of her accident. NOTHING. I looked up when the doctor put his hand on my shoulder. "Please. Tell me she will remember" i said softly. "Mr. Malik. Your sister has a 75% chance of remembering." "Does that mean she has a 25% chance of not remembering?" He nodded. I thanked him and whipped the tears from my eyes as i opened the door to my poor confused little sister's hopsital room.

*Makayla's POV* (right after Zayn left)

I looked around at the other boys. "soo...." i began. "Im sure you all know me but it would be great if you all introduced yourselves." The one closest on my right began. "Im Liam Payne" he said. i looked at him carefully. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. The one next to him, the farthest from me had blonde hair. He was the shortest out of all of them and seemed to be the most upset. He looked up at me. He had blue eyes with bags under them. He looked like he hasnt slept for days. I saw hurt in his eyes which oddly gave me pain. "Im Niall." He said before taking a deep breath. "Horan." As he spoke i felt my heart beat faster. something about him seemed....different. I just cant think of what it is. I shook away the thought and listened to the next boy as he spoke. "Hello. Im Harry Styles" he said with a cheeky smile and dimples. He was the tallest out of all of them. He had curly brown hair and greenish eyes. I nodded and looked at the boy closest to me on my left. " Hi. Im Louis Tomlinson and im your favorite" he said very confidently. i tried not to laugh but a chuckled left my lips. Louis must have heard me beause he laughed. The rest of the boys then smiled. It seemed to lighten the mood until we all looked at Niall who wasnt laughing. He smilled a bit but he didnt seem very amused by Louis's quirky remark. Liam leaned towards him and whispered something in Nialls ear but i couldnt hear.

At that moment the dark haired boy who left earlier walked in. "And your name?" i asked. He smiled and nodded. "Im Zayn. Zayn Malik. And i am your older brother." I froze. (Not like i was moving much anyway.) I have a brother. i cant believe it. I knew he looked familar. A tear flowed down my cheek and Zayn quickly whipped it away. I looked up into his eyes and whispered "I wish i remembered"