The Hospital Visit

*Chapter 9* *Makayla's POV*

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up. "Oww." I said placing my hand on my head. "Careful M. Sit up slowly." Zayn said and helped me sit up. "You were hit pretty bad. You have a broken nose" he told me. I removed my hand from my head and placed in on my nose. "Oww' I said again. Zayn chuckled. "What?" I asked and he laughed again. "Stop touching it silly" he said and moved my hand away.

I looked around the room and I felt like something was missing. And then, it hit me.

"Where's Niall?" I asked my brother. He looked at me with sad eyes but didnt say a word. "Where's Niall, Zayn? Where is he?" I asked him, getting upset. He stood up and grabbed his keys. "Come on." He said and motioned me to follow him out the door.

***

The whole ride there i couldnt stop thinking about Niall. I dont know where he is or or how he is feeling. I just kept replaying what i saw last night. His bloody face and bruised body. And i couldnt help but wonder why the hell would he do that? What made him get into a fight with someone he had no chance at winning? I just dont understand how he could be so stupid.

We pulled into a familiar place. A place I never wanted to come back to.

The hospital.

Zayn helped me out of the car since my head is still hurting and we walked inside.

"We're here to see Niall Horan" Zayn told the lady at the desk. She nodded and pointed to the left. "Room 243" she told us. "Thank you" Zayn said and smiled at her. I followed behind my brother as we entered the room. I looked around and my eyes landed on the one person i have been dying to see.

He was laying in the bed and his eyes were closed. I walked over and sat next to him. "Please tell me he is okay" I whispered but Zayn didn't say anything. The beeping of the machine became the only noise that i heard and finially i couldnt take it.

"Zayn. Is he okay?" I asked with tears in my eyes and a little attitude. "The doctor said he has a dislocated shoulder and 2 broken ribs" Zayn said. I looked at Niall with his shoulder wrapped and his black and blue face.

I now understand how he felt when I got hurt. Confused, angry, upset, guilty, so many emotions and yet when i look at him all i wanna know is if he is okay.

"But will he be okay?" I asked and Zayn tried his best to smile. "He will be fine. He's just going to be weak for a while." His smile faded away as he sat down on the chair. He closed his eyes and his breathing became heavy. Soon he had fallen asleep.

I feel so bad for Zayn. Ever since my accident he has been taking care of me and now he has to worry about Niall.

***

It's been about an hour and i decided to lay down next to Niall. I layed my head gently against his chest and listened to his heart beat. I looked over at him when I remembered something.

flashback

"Niall?" I asked and looked at him. I smiled as i saw that he was asleep. His arms were wrapped around me and his fingers were intertwined with mine. I leaned my head back on his chest and closed my eyes. "I love you" i whispered to him before falling asleep.

End

"M. We should go." Zayn said as he gently shook me awake. I nodded and stood up. I looked down at Niall in the hospital bed and grabbed his hand. "I remember Niall. I remember that i love you" i said and kissed his cheek. "Please be okay because I need you." I released his hand and looked at Zayn.

"Zayn?" I asked and he looked at me. "Yeah M?" "I remember something" i said and smiled. "Really? What?" His voice sounded happy. I looked back at Niall, then again at my brother and smiled.

"I love him."

*Niall's POV*

Soft lips touched my cheek as i woke up. I opened my eyes slowly and heard people talking. I looked around the room and my eyes landed on a beautiful girl. "I love him" she said softly.

"Makayla?" I said her name. She turned to look behind her. I watched as she fell to her knees with tears in her eyes. "Niall!!" She cried and held my hand tight. I smiled at her reaction.

"Im so happy you're okay." Her eyes glowed as she leaned in to kiss me. "I'm so happy to know that you still love me" i said. She laughed and brushed her hand through my hair. "I remember you use to love it when i did this" she said and i couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

I cant believe she actually remembers. My heart is finally beating again.