Complications

*Makayla's POV*

"I cant just leave Zayn. I just cant" I scream at my brother with tears in my eyes. He pulled me into him and brushed his hand on my head. "I know M. I just don't want you to get hurt anymore. I can't take it. I have to protect you." He says in a quiet voice.

I honestly don't think I am physically capable of leaving. After all that has happened, the only way to fix everything is to take it day by day. I want to fix things with Niall, but that kiss....

When Harry kissed me. I want to know if that was anything. If it meant anything...

I dont know. There's so much going on, I just need to figure it all out. I have to stay.

"Zayn. Do you remember anything the day of my accident?" I say sitting down on the couch. His eyes looked around the room and I could tell he was thinking.

"Well.....:You and Niall went out for breakfast that morning. And afterwards Niall dropped you off at the hotel so he could meet me and the boys for an interview. Thats all I remember really. Then when we got back, you were angry at him. But I'm not sure why. I just remember yelling and crying. It was scary M. I've never seen you that mad before." As he spoke his voice was shaky and his eyes were watery. I listened to every word and tried to think back to that day.

"I just wish I could remember. Why would I be so mad at him? Do you think the other boys might know anything?" I asked and he shrugged. "Maybe. But they would have said something." He said and got up.

"We have an interview today" He said with a smile. "Really? That's great!" I say, excitedly. "Yeah. Do you wanna come?" he asked and of course the answer was yes.

***

*Niall's POV*

I tied my shoes and put my snapback on. Zayn invited me over to talk about everything with Makayla. I'm honestly kinda nervous. Even after months, I still get upset talking about it. I had to tell her once and now I have to tell her again. But Makayla needs to remember, so it's worth it. I'm willing to do anything for her.

***

"Okay. so Makayla do you remember anything about that day?" Zayn asks and Makayla shrugs. "Umm..all I remember is I was crying and walking in the rain." She says and sat down inbetween Harry and I.

All eyes then looked to me before I took in a deep breath. "I remember walking into the hotel room and you were angry. You were crying and yelling at me. But I don't know what the hell I did wrong. You were telling me to go away and you pushed me out of your way so you could get to the door. Then you just left. I followed you though, until I found you. But I just don't understand how nobody knows what happened. How do I not know what I did? It just doesn't seem right. How could I forget doing something stupid?" I stopped talking and wiped tears from my eyes before speaking again. "I wonder if the fans would know anything."

***

"Welcome One Direction!" The interviewer called as we walked out onstage. We all squeezed ourselves on the couch as the fans were cheering. My eyes searched around the room and found Makayala in the front row.

"So how are you guys? Its been a while hasnt it?" The man said. "Yeah. It has been a while but we will be performing more now." Liam says. "Now I understand that your sister Zayn, was in an accident a few months ago. And that is a big reason why you guys took some time off. Is that true?" He asked Zayn.

"Umm...Yeah. I mean, I wanted to focus on taking care of her. She is still having trouble remembering but I think we are all just gonna try and go back to the way it was and hope for the best" Zayn says as Harry adds on. "Yeah we were actually wondering if anybody knew anything about that night. Why Makayla was so mad and what Niall did. So if anybody knows anything please let us know" As he spoke I couldn't help but look down. I didn't wanna see everybody looking at me. I know I'm an idiot and I don't need the glares from everybody in the room. I already hate myself for it.

The interview continued as we talked about playing shows here and there but not a full tour. We talked about how careful they have to be when Makayla is with us out in public so that she doesn't get hurt and the fact that we love our fans. We are so greatful for fans who understand and love us no matter what.

*Makayla's POV*

I followed the boys into Zayn and I's hotel room and we all sat down.

"Anybody hungry?" I asked and everybody raised their hand. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the oven. I decided to make some frozen pizzas. I also turned the stove on to make some tea.

"Need some help?" Harry asks from behind me. "Uhh...Sure" I say before getting some mugs and plates. "Pizza?" he giggled while looking at the box. "Yeah. Is that okay?" I asked confused. His green eyes left the box and looked up at me. He dropped the box on the table and pushed me up against the wall before kissing me. I could feel Harry smile into the kiss and he pulled away wrapping his hands around my waist.

"I've been waiting to do that again since the hospital" He admited and I blushed. To be honest, I was thinking the exact same thing.

"I really like you Makayla. I've liked you for a long time now. But you were with Niall then the accident. And yes I know things are complicated but I just had to let you know how I feel." His voice was low and his curly hair was falling perfectly above me. He is so much taller than me and as I look up at him I couldnt help but smile.

"I like you too Harry" I finially say. "But, I dont know. Like you said, things are........

compicated right now. I don't think I could hurt Niall anymore than I already have" I told him and he nodded, taking a step back. At that moment the oven beeped, telling me the pizza was done. I opened up the door as Harry put on an oven mit, reached in and pulled out a large pizza. "Looks good" He said. I nodded and poured tea into mugs. "Where is the pizza cutter?" Harrys voice called as drawers were opening and closing. "That one. Next to the fridge" I say and pointed to the drawer. He opened it pulling out the round cutter and began cutting up the pizza. I smiled at him before turning around and walking out of the kitchen.