I Still Love You

*Makayla's POV*

I sit here alone as it begins to rain. My stomach growls as i check my phone. Nothing.

"Niall where are you?" i ask, aloud. Stupid me forgot money and also didn't bring enough food. I still can't believe I ran away. I am so stupid.

I look around at the people passing by. A tear slips down my cheek, followed by raindrops.

"Makayla!" I hear my name being called. "Niall? Niall!?" i call back. "Makayla!!" He yells and soon he comes into my view.

I stand up and watch as Niall runs toward me. My heart starts to pound to the beat of the rain.

He pulls me into his chest as i cried. "Shh...It's okay. It's okay" He whispers and brushes his hand against my back.

"I'm sorry." i tell him. "I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm never going to get my memory back. I try, Niall. I really try. I want to remember us. I want to remember my life before the accident. I want to remember why I was mad that day. I try Niall. I try but I can't." i admit with tears falling down my cheeks.

"It's okay. I know what you can do." he said. "You can come back with us. And we can take it day by day. We will figure it all out babe. We will. I promise. The boys are here for you. I'm here for you. And even if you don't remember everything, It's okay. We can make new memories." His thick Irish accent was calming and he kissed the top of my head.

"I still love you. Whether you remember or not." he tells me and i smile. "I know" I paused. "And I think I love you" My heart beat was so loud, I swear he could hear it.

His lips curl into a smile and it warms my heart. The sound of rain echoed around us as he leaned in. His lips touched mine and i felt a tingle in my toes. My hair was soaked as well as the rest of me but I don't care at the moment.

His hands moved down my back and around my waist. My arms wrap around his neck as he pulls me closer.

He leans away and opens his eyes, smiling.

"We should probably get you back. Your brother has been so worried" he says and i sigh. "Yeah. I know." I say, knowing he's right.

He reaches for my hand and it fits perfectly in his. We walk down the street, not caring about the looks on people's faces.
My mind starts to drift off as a rainbow forms in the sky.

"Stop Niall. Stop!" I yell pushing Niall away from me. "That's cheating!" i tell him but he just laughs. He continues to tickle me as I try to play my game. "Game Over" The tv announces and I look over at Niall. He smirks and I shake my head. "This is your fault." I say pointing to the screen. "Sorry" He says with a smile.

I cross my arms and look away from him. "Babe" He says but i ignored him. "Babe. I'm sorry. It's just a game. Please don't be upset." he says and tries to kiss my cheek but before he could, i turned so he kissed my lips.

We pull away and he looks at me surprised before we both start laughing. "I love you." he says through giggles. "I love you more" i say. "No. Not possible." He tells me and i laugh. "Okay. We both love each other the same. Deal?" i state and hold out my hand for him to shake.
"Hmm...Okay but i still love you more" he says with a smirk and shakes my hand.

"M? hello?" I hear Niall say as I shake myself out of my thoughts. "What? Sorry." i say. "Did you remember something?" He asks as we stop in front of the hotel. "Uhh. How did you know?" I ask confused. "Well....when you first starting getting memories back you would faint but recently you just stare off into space." He told me and I nod. "So? What did you remember??" He begged and I smiled.

"I remember what it was like to love you." I say softly and he blushed. "I'm glad. Because our love was amazing." he said and i felt my heart skip.

It was amazing, wasn't it?

***

"Makayla Malik! Where the hell have you been?! You had us all so worried! Why did you leave? And that letter? Makayla how could you write that letter?!" Zayn screams as I walk in.

"I'm sorry." Was all i could say.

"How could you think that you ruined our lifes? You didn't! We just changed our priorities M." His voice becomes calmer and I look up at him, surprised that he stopped yelling.

"What?" I ask.

He takes a deep breath. "You didn't ruin our lifes. We love you. I love you. And the letter? It broke all of our hearts. We were scared something would happen to you. We all care about you M. We want you to stay with us." He tells me.

"Please don't leave us M. I don't think any of us can take it anymore." Harry adds on. He has tears in his eyes and he looks like he hasn't even gotten dressed today.

"I'm sorry everybody. I really am. My mind is still, shakey. I still don't remember everything. I just thought, maybe...If i left, you wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. I thought that i was keeping you from living your dreams. I'm sorry. I haven't really been thinking right lately" I state.

Zayn pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. "You're my baby sister M. I'm always going to put you above everything else. You're more important than my career. But I appreciate your concern. Don't worry. One Direction is still going strong." He reminds me and I smile.

"Good cause I'm looking forward to going on tour with you guys. And create some new memories." I say and look over at Niall. He winks at me and i giggle.

"What's going on?" Louis asks with sass as he walks up next to Niall. "Nothing." Niall says and i feel my cheeks go red. "Makayla?" Zayn asks and Niall laughs.

"Okay....fine...Earlier I remembered a moment with Niall when we were dating." I tell them.

It was silent for a while before Louis and Liam awed. I look at Niall and he's laughing, as usual.

Soon, it's quiet again when i look down at my shoes awkwardly and look back up as everybody looks at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Is Nikayla back on?" Louis asks and I furrow my eyebrows. "Nikayla?" i question, looking at Niall. "Our ship name. Meaning being 'together'" He explains and I nod.
"Oh. Nikayla. Yeah. I guess Nikayla is back on." i say smiling and look back over at Niall who has a huge grin on his face.

Nikayla.
I never knew we had a ship name.