Chapter 6: Heart in Heart

(Unknown artist)
       Struggling in the dark before you felt it. Hearing the voice inside. "So you want this now... your not going to reject us anymore are you."
       Blinking as you looked at the darkness red eyes starting back at you. Golden scales forming around them. "What?" You tried to say as you felt like you wear starting to drowned. Clawing at your chest and throat. So thick it was like sand.
      "Hard isn't it.. to open your heart truly more then a momentary crack after years of shitting it off." It felt like scales wrapping around you. You struggled to move but it was crushing you. The eyes blinked and softened. "If you struggle we will only hurt each other. We are one person. That which I don't want."
     You huffed as it seemed to start curling away. "No  I want... to protect..." you said softly through the heavy pressure.
     "Then accept what we have done and allow us to be whole again. See the flow of time once more." It hissed as it started to fall in again. "Do not fight us."
      You struggled as you slowly relaxed hands still pinned to your neck and chest. It felt warm, then cold and heavy. All at the same time. Broken bits of memory started to play. A child hood home. That thing, that broke down everything. Then things started to break down as you touched them. You didn't know why the thing and you wear the same.
      Yet it wasn't it was using electricity to vaporize everything. Then it spotted you, it came running when your mother covered you with her body along with your father. Both vanished before your eyes. Everything went red. In secondes you had lost control and obliterated the entire town as a child. Vanished, not a single bird left behind. All lost to the distraction of time. You wear only six.
     You tossed your head back and forth as you thrashed before your eyes truly opened. Panting as sweating as Gojo held you. He was looking down with his jaw ticking slightly in worry. "Fairy we are almost home. You alright."
     You let out a sob as you rolled into him. Wrapping your arms around his neck and crying. "No i.... I..."
    "It's ok Fairy, I've got you." He was being surprisingly soft. Holding you a little tighter. "What did you see?"
     "Red... gold.... I.... monster..." you hicked, with out thinking your heart trying to heal itself had formed butterfly wings flitting as you sobbed.
     "Your not a monster. I've seen monsters human ones and cursed ones. Your not those." He made a turn and moved quickly setting you on a couch. It was in a room you didn't recognize. Clean for the most part. Bookshelves covered in training tips and teaching. Missions journals notes and books on politics and planing. Decorated in soft grays and darker colors. Colors to make one relax. He cupped your cheeks as he pulled his blindfold off. "Look at me Fairy. Your not a monster."
      "But I... I killed so many people... animals I..."
      "I could do that easy. Do you know how easy it would be to obliterate humans? Especially with what we are given? But that won't bring about change. The power to change this world." You looked at his icy blue eyes almost tranced as you listened. Trying to concentrate on the warmth of his hands. "It's alright. You didn't mean to do those things. No one as sweet as you would do that on purpose."
      You wrapped your hands around his wrists trying to feel he was still there. "I.... no.. but..."
     "I don't subscribe to fait but some things fairy. That happen for reasons. Your not the only one who's killed people. Trust me, I've killed plenty of people on purpose. It's alright. Your safe, if you keep living then live to repay them." He was watching you intently as you shook like a leaf. He smiled a little as he moved his hand down to the edge of wear your wound should have been. "See? Look you can do amazing things. Your not even hurt anymore."
      You whimpered as you nodded closing your eyes still sobbing. "I... it... doesn't hurt... but my heart... hurts...."
      Gojo moved to sit next to you as he waited. "Is it alright if I give you a hug? I can hold you until you calm down. It's alright I'm here. Your still making dinner though. No wigging your way out of that." He was already pulling you in as he cracked the joke. You laughed a little as you held him back weakly.
     "Dummy, I'm suprised you can even make edible food." You sniffled as you tried to focus on breathing with him. Nice and even. Horns turning pink with your blush.
     "Oh I can cook, little fairy. But you owe me for walking you all the way back here. For making me suffer while holding your soft cute little form the whole way. After trying to put me on my ass."
      "You told me too!" You laughed as you held him tighter. Calming down in one way but burning in the next. You could feel him stiff against you. But you wear both trying to ignore it. "I... I can make dinner."
      "Your going to help me train the kids." He said softly. "Your going to get missions of your own after your registered. I won't always be there with you. So you have to be careful and learn how to control it. Don't get your little golden wings stolen. Or your golden heart. Not by anyone else you hear me." He pulled back so you had to look him in the eye for it.
     "I... who would want to steal my heart?" You said softly as you blinked confused.
     "Sorcerers like us, can become curses ourselves when we die. They might becoming for you to make it happen. The cursed. I already have enough problems with them trying to raise the cursed king from his grave. The higher ups trying to kill the kind hearted boy like you. Who just doesn't deserve that. I was supposed to kill you myself, but I didn't. I've pulled enough strings for a life time to keep you both alive. So no one else gets your heart but me." He stroked your cheek as he smirked watching your body heat to him. "I'll take it when I'm damn well ready to." He leaned in like he was going to kiss you, before brushing his thumb over your lip. "But not yet."
     He laughed when you didn't pull away but let out a soft shocked breath. Completely calm now. You puffed out your cheeks in frustration before laughed as you wiggled your nose. "Catch me if you can."
     "I rule the infinite, there's no running from me. Even through time. I will catch you." He let you get up as you wabbled. "Mmmhmm, you still used up a lot of curse energy. You opened up more within yourself. But it's not completely open. Though it be more fun to make it hard for you to walk another way. For now, your going to have to deal with this."
     He lead you out of the room. To your suprise it was next to your own. "You... your rooms next to mine."
     "Have to keep my eye on the Fairy so she doesn't flutter off on her own." He laughed as he pulled his blindfold back on. Walking with you towards the kitchen. As you made food for the majority of the people there. Some on missions and other suspended. It was only four people. Gojo teased and toyed with you the whole time. To the point you through a Daifuku mochi at him that he caught in his hand. Trying it and his eye widened. "Mmm it's good."
     "Sugar addict." You teased back as you stuck your tongue out.
      "Mmmm I really am." He straight admired as he watched you. "What's in this?"
      "I toyed with some ingredients, it isn't really shop quality. Needs more tweaking. If your going to stair then. You get to be my test subject." You laughed as you put down the small tray. "Some butterscotch with peach. Not sure it isn't to sweet." You sighed as you set the rest of them away. "Thank you for calming me down." The others all left quickly after the meal. So this was just you toying around with normalcy.
      "Sure, just don't miss me to much when I'm gone on a mission tomorrow. No rest for the wicked. Don't worry you will be stuck doing meditations and other exorcizes and not going off to get yourself hurt. You can meet Kento Nanami, I usually have him looking out for Itadori but. I'm sure he won't mind if you tag along on a mission or two.
     You smiled a little and nodded as you went through a some what normal routine. All before collapsing into your bed after a nice warm shower. He wasn't wrong you really did heal yourself. You curled under the blankets afraid of the red eyes below the surface. Watching the scales form on your body in response, it was some how comforting this time, rather then horrifying. You hugged the pillow next to you ready for whatever may come.