Chapter 22: Cursed Cooking

(From the Anime ⚠️ Slight Spoilers from the Manga⚠️)
"Sorry about this! I didn't know we needed to refill the pantry. You just came back too from that mission." Itadori clapped his hands together in apology.
"It's alright, I got the rest I needed on the trip home." You smiled as you reached out roughing his hair. He didn't need to know how bone tired you felt. "I think teaching you how to make cupcakes would be both delicious and halarious."
"How is that funny?" Itadori looked confused as he scratched his head. Fallowing you around the store as you picked up the items needed. Not just for cupcakes but future meals as well.
"Think about it, the king of curses stuck in a boy. Making cupcakes. That doesn't sound funny to you?" You smirked at him.
"If you weren't interesting I would kill you right now girl." Sukuna's mouth said from the side of Itadori's face.
"Ah ha, then you couldn't eat my sweets anymore. Either of you. And Satoru would have your heads probably? Maybe, I don't know where I sand in the chart of his kids." You hummed as you picked up a large couple bags of rice. Flinching after putting them in the cart, you rubbed your head slightly. As you leaned a little harder on the cart.
"Aww sorry about that. He doesn't always stay quite. It's worse in my head." Itadori smiled sheepishly. "Let me get some of the heavier things would you? I can carry them too. I don't mind. I'm pretty sure you too us but Gojo Sensia is a bit of a screw ball. No one really knows what's going on up there."
"He's the best fruit cake I've ever met in my life." That had you both laughing. Paying for everything at the counter. "Maybe a fruit salad those are delicious. Curses I'm starving."
"Me too, training is a lot of work. I'm always starving after a mission." Itadori sighed as he looked at you. "You sure your ok? You look really pale."
     "I'm fine, if I need a nap I can take one in the kitchen when you suffer, trying to make something. Maybe teaching you how to use the Waffle iron so you can make taiyaki. That would be harder to burn the school down with." Laughing a little as you both got into the car. Luckily you didn't have to drive, instead slipping in the back set.
       "Ok that's fair, I can make onigiri though."
      "But can you make them into animal shapes with out a mold?" You smiled as you leaned against the side of the car.
       "Wait, what? You can do that!?" Itadori looked excited for the moment.
       "Yes, but only if you try not to burn down the kitchen." You snickered as you turned your head. "Hey stop the car would you?" The driver looking in the review mirror worriedly. "Don't worry I'm just getting some stuff from the bakery just in case this fails. Besides I'm sure my family has popped in. I want to see if they left any messages."
You spun around and walking towards the bakery you worked at,shutting the door behind you.  It seemed like it was so long ago. Smiling a little as you walked into the door, waving at the new woman behind the counter. "Hello." You ordered enough for everyone if they showed up at the kitchen. Sighing as you tilted your head wondering when Satoru planned to get back. That's when you felt sometime sting the palm of your hand. Brushing it off like it was nothing you looked down at your palm. Everything seemed normal even with cursed sight.
You relaxed a little as you grinned seeing the letter on top of the many boxes of goods. You payed plus tip and left the bakery grinning. The letter itself was simple. Telling you how much your adopted parents loved you. About holidays and cute little outings they had done. How they wished they could take you with them.
Itadori jumping out and grabbing few of them. Helping load them into the back. "You have no faith in me do you."
"Maybe, but I really have faith in everyone having serious appetites." Chuckling as the rest of the drive back to Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical Collage. Getting everything into the kitchen was a challenge in itself. If Principal Yaga hadn't been there with some curse dolls to help. It would have taken ages.
"Alright we are starting with waffle batter."
      "What?! We aren't doing instant stuff? I couldn't possibly screw up if it was instant batter." Itadori looked at the ingredients lay out before him on the counter.
      You sighed and flicked his forehead. Seems Satoru's habits had been rubbing off on you. "You already know how to use instant batter. So no we are making it ourselves from scratch. It's far more fun that way. Don't insult a baker by asking to use instant batter." Your eyebrow twitching from the last bit.
     "Itadori snickered as he scratched his head. You caught me. This is going to be fun but, still." He started measuring out as you had written on the card in front of him.
     "I'm fine. Stop worrying or your hair will start falling out like cherry blossom petals. Imagine you and your demon crew mate. Completely bold." You snickered as he started to get upset. He focused full steam into the project. Giving you time to sit down. Your eyes flicking over to the Principal, stealing some of the extra baked goods you bought for everyone. You smiled as your eyes met, he held a finger up as he snuck out.
      Your eyes snapping back. Itadori wasn't bad in the kitchen. He really didn't even need the lesson. Maybe he was just bored. Regardless when you got up and helped make the paste for the inside. You smiled laughing and have a good time. Both of you joking around. People sneaking in and leaving after stealing some snacks or just some food.
     "You know Itadori you remind me a bit of Sat... Gojo sometimes." You smiled roughing his hair the silly jokes just making you smile.
"Well I did,a long time ago, just pants a man and ran off with them. It was for Yoshino, he's this kid I met you know before you got here. He's was really funny, and he liked movies! Gojo Sensie made me watch all those bad movies for training. Still does sometimes. But it payed off I guess making a mew friend. His mom was awesome!"
Just watching his face light up as you ate your snacks warmed your heart. "I'm so glad you made a friend." Cleaning up as he enjoyed the victory of his cooking.
"I really hoped he could join the collage or do something that makes him happy. He asked some weird things but.... in the end... he didn't..." Itadori frowned as he looked at his now empty plate. "He was linked to the scary cases we haven't been able to tell you about. It started you know with just me and Nanami but."
"It's alright, you don't have to tell me." You looked at him worriedly. "But you take care of yourself alright? I'll personally kick Sukuna's ass if your not taking care of."
     "Fat chance wench." The mouth said that grew out of Itadori's cheek.
     "At least I'm not a parasite." You huffed as you smiled Itadori looking horrified. "It's fine really I'm used to stuff like that. Want to know something fun? Besides like I said you remind me of Gojo a little. Which makes you one of my favorites." Winking as Itadori smiled at you.
     "What?" Itadori leaned forward in curiosity still smiling a little. He seemed really happy to be called a favorite.
      "I knew a few people who are yakuza. They talk like that to each other all the time. So Sukuna doesn't bother me." You grinned as you finished washing the dishes and putting them away. That's when Yaga came back looking ashy. "Yo welcome back."
     He walked over to you and gripped your arm. "I need you to come with me."
     You looked at him wide eyed but nodded as you waved to Itadori who just watched shocked. "What's going on?"
      He was taking you down to the morgue. Your heart thumping in fear. What was going on. What happened? Satoru couldn't possibly be hurt could he? Let alone... dead.. You hoped and prayed it wasn't family either. As you walked you started to get dizzy again. You forced yourself not to stagger. As you both walked inside. Face paled as you looked at the twisted bodies on the table. "Do you know them?"
     You couldn't help it your legs buckled as you sobbed. Yaga caught you before you hit the concrete. "Mom..... dad..." they had clearly been manipulated into something beastly but... the doctor had their human photos on the ends of the table. "Noooo!!!" You pressed your hands to the side of your head as your curse energy started to take over. Only to be fought back with a light from your heart trying to balance it out.
     All you felt was pain and rage before nothing. What happened? Reaching out to the voice. "Fairy... I've got you." You sobbed as you curled into them. Why!? Who could have done such a thing?
The sting in your palm. It burned, the fire travelled through your body. It was agonizing but you couldn't say a word as your body went limp. It was like you wear trapped in your mind. 'Puppet Aquired. Perfect, there could be no better puppet then his lover. If he kills you then it will break him. This will be very fun.'