Chapter 17: Play

(Artist Kadeart)
"I'm fine it's just a fever." You laughed as you tried to get up. Sticking your tongue out at Satoru.
"I can tell you right now. It's not. So stay down or I'll make you Fairy." He flicked your forhead between your eyes with a soft smile. Before rubbing the spot a little with his thumb.
"How did the competition go? I wish I could have gone to cheer you on." You let out a soft almost pur sound. Even the cat ears flicked up out of your head for it as he rubbed your head.
"What happened to the cursed doll? It was supposed to be with you the whole time. Hmph it was just a dodge ball tournament. Of corse we won. We just, you know used curses for most of it. No one can match me. You know that."
"I told you Satoru, I... can't remember. All I can remember is eating and talking to people the rest is foggy." You huffed as you deliberately tilted your head so he could scratch behind one of the ears. Letting out a soft mew of appreciation.
"Well, they seem to have chosen to run, the traitor. It should be safe now. But that doesn't me it will be easy. They want you dead." He frowned as he rubbed under his blindfold. "I can't alway protect you either."
"Stop that. I can protect myself. I can kill them right? If they want to hurt me I can hurt them back. It shouldn't be that hard." You said as you flicked your ears back.
"Your to kind though. I know you can't take the kill shot but the other you can." He half smiled at you as he bent down and kissed your forehead. "If I had to kill you for my goal, I might do it. You know that?"
You blinked as you tilted your head and took his face in your hands. "If it comes to that then do it. I'm perfectly capable of killing if I have to. I won't stand in your way if I can help it Satoru. You have made my life both dangerous but also fun." You lifted up and kissed his lips softly before laying back down the room spinning as you closed your eyes against it.
"It won't come to that I'm sure of it." Satoru played with your hair looking down at you with a softness mixed with worry. "I told you to stay still. Do you have a shield form?"
"Yes but it's... aggressive and confusing. I... lose the ability to feel fear in it. I can't feel pain or many emotions in general in it." You opened your eyes slowly. Noticing the door open. The first and second years crowding inside. They had their ears to the door it seemed.
"Which one of you told them. I'm cutting you open for a fish fry." Satoru smirked as he looked at the second years.
"No one. They noticed the cologne she wear on her scarf." Fushiguro said as he stood up with the others dusting himself off. Trying to play it cool by leaning against the wall.
"You are the worse emo boy ever Fushiguro, so moody." You said as you smirked.
"You both just like picking on people." Fushiguro narrowed his eyes as he sighed.
"They aren't wrong though. Zenin isn't much better with how stiff and straight forward you both are." Itadori laughed as he grinned only to get smacked behind the head by both of them.
"Bento flacks, pickled plum." Inumaki said as he shrugged.
"Well I can hear many things. I'll end it with that. It's only natural to have a mate isn't it?" Panda looked not in the least bit sorry.
Satoru leaned back in his chair. "I'm stringing the lot of you up by your toes then." He rolled his head to face his face towards you. "You know that I wasn't planning for this either. It's your fault for being so cute."
"I'm fierce not cute, what are you talking about." You turned bright pink before the butterfly wings betrayed you forming fluttering against the bed that was moved to a sitting position. The cat form dropped for it.
Satoru laughed a little as he smiled at you. "Of corse you are." His eyes looking towards the other students. "Well then let this be its own lesson. Corruption has no end kids. They will keep trying to kill both Fairy and Itadori, they are considered a threat. Which they are. They can be extremely dangerous. It's what we do with it that changes things. Like learning control."
They all nodded in agreement before coming over and holding out some food. "Well as great as that is we came to play a game." Itadori grinned as he laughed holding up a box of cards. "Let's play cards against humanity."
You smiled as you looked at them nodded. "Sounds good! Awwww I'm sorry if I pass out in the middle of it. That's been happening every now and then."
"Can't you just reverse curse heal them like before?" Zenin asked as they all pulled up a seat.
"No. They used something in the make up of the bullet to block curse healing." Satoru just sighed as he said it looking at the monitors. "The ones in her chest wear the biggest problems. They didn't shoot through and through. They hooked onto the body and spread influence like a virus."
"Note to self, no matter how bad ass you get a gun can still kick your ass." Itadori mumbled as he shuffled the cards to pass out.
You laughed as you looked at him and ruffed his hair. Only to turn your head away couching and wheezing. Satoru slipped the oxygen mask back over your face. "Thanks." You said with a soft look. Satoru tried not to make a pinched face. His jaw was ticking with worry though.
"Gah seeing that is just disgustingly cute. Someone give me a mochi pocky box." Kugisaki pretended to be angry at the show of affection. The prenteneding didn't last long. Soon she was angry no one was picking her cards.
You laughed as it became you turn. "What makes Dwight, Dwight?" You read the description on the card prompt. Struggling to keep your eyes open as they all pulled cards from their hands. You picked them up and laughed and coughed as you read them out. "Exclaiming. 'Butt licker our prices have never been lower.' Asking yourself,'would an idiot do that?' Have the strength of a grown man and a little baby. Declaring yourself 'Hay King' to the shock of the crowd. Finally getting that promotion to regional manager at work only to accidentally fire a gun and immediately being demoted. Beets." You pulled the Beets card out one the end laughing as you handed it to the winner Inumaki. "This has a whole diffrent meaning from you in a way."
Satoru was watching as he stole some fo the snacks you couldn't see his eyes flicking to the monitors every now and then. Only to change the ice pack he put on your forehead. Occasionally commenting on the good ones. Every time you closed your eyes to long you woke up to them smiling and laughing. It filled your heart full of joy. When they wear gone the next time you opened your eyes you reached out for him.
Satoru looked at you from the book in his hand. He smiled as he crawled into the bed to cuddle you. Careful of all the equipment. "Mmm? You need something?" He whispered softly as you tried to hold on to him weakly.
"The beach... with everyone... you promised."
"I did, and we can do that when your healed." He smiled as you pouted looking up at him.
"Will I have scars? Does that make me ugly?"
"No, your scare are beautiful. Every single one of them. Don't even think that for a moment. You know... I do love you Fairy. You know I don't use your name so that it stays secret." He ran a hand along your back as you shivered. Pulling the blanket up on you. "Just being you with out your real name... is dangerous enough. But I do love you. All of you head to toe."
You smiled as you nuzzled into him. Listening to his heart beet. "I.. love you too. It's ok... it can be our secret ... the real one."
Satoru wrapped his arms around you and nodded as he stroked you. "Yes, the real one will be our little secret."