STUDY BUDDIES

I LET THE breeze dislocate several strands of my hair across my face as I shut my eyes firmly allowing my eyelashes to rest on my cheeks with a tingling sensation. there were tear stains all over my face and my eyes were surrounded in black dripping mascera even though i had stopped crying. why did I think draco was becoming soft? he's always been the same. I made myself think that he changed but I had been lying to myself this whole time. as much as I wanted a friendship with him, I was afraid it wasn't impossible with his huge ego and personality in the way. I firmly held on to the metal railing as I slowly leaned forward to look farther down at the ground. it was luna and Neville kissing under the moonlight.

I slightly smiled in happiness for them but it quickly faded away as soon as I heard Malfoy.

"elana?", he asks approaching me step by step.

out of fear I feel my grip from the metal bars losen as I loose my balance and feel myself falling over the railing. before my feet are over the railing I feel two cold hands pull me back down.

"you startled me!", I scream angrily. I had never screamed at him so his eyes opened wide.

"sorry.", he replies blandly causing the anger to start boiling up inside of me.

"sorry for what?! scaring the crap out of me and almost killing me or calling me a mudblood and being a jerk?!", I scream.

"uh both"

"well what a great apology", I say sarcastically walking over to the stairs and moving down them one by one. i wasn't going to give him any more of my time. i was done with his little games.

-

all night i replayed me screaming at him in my head over and over again and after the third time, tears started rolling down my cheeks. lily and my other roommate that we never really talked to were both fast asleep as i continued to revisit the same moment in the astronomy tower. then i revisited the good moments with him that made me smile slightly before getting mad at him even more. i eventually fell asleep but dreamed about Malfoy as well.

-

it was sunday morning and i actually felt really good. so good that i actually felt like singing. i began humming to a muggle song i used to listen to a lot and then the words started pouring out of my mouth into a song. i sang as i picked out my clothes and as i got dressed up until i heard a knock on the door.

i opened the door slightly but quickly pushed the door to shut it once i catched a glimpse of bleach hair. before the door was completely shut i heard malfoy's hand smash against the door with force pushing it back towards me and almost knocking me off my feet.

"what the hell Malfoy!",i scream as i watch him stand right outside of my door staring me in the eyes.

"so is Malfoy what you are calling me now?", he asks

"why should it matter?", i ask annoyed of malfoy's presence.

"well i just thought we were past last names already"

"maybe we were until you messed up and came back with a trash apology",i reply as i attempt to shut the door again. before i can, his hand presses against the door with more force again slamming it on the wall and leaving a small dent behind.

"i am really sorry. can you let me explain?", he asks with a genuine look of regret.

"you have two minutes", i say with a frown.

"look when pansy said what she said, i wasn't even paying attention. i never really pay attention to what she says so it's just a habit to reply with 'mhm' 'ok', or 'yes' and agree with her all the time. i didnt mean it. i am also aware that my apology yesterday was very bad so i brought you these from hogsmede. I went this morning and they are your favorite", he replies handing me a pretty bouquet of roses wrapped in parchment at the bottom.

i hesitantly take the flowers before replying. " well that was more descent."

draco smiles widely making me smile on accident. "so when do we start with the whole tutoring thing?", he asks with a happier tone.

"we can start later today if you'd like", i reply setting down the flowers on my desk.

"alright! see you!"

"see you", i say finally being able to shut the door and get ready properly. then i hear the door open again and i turn around.

"oh and you have a nice voice by the way", adds Malfoy before shutting the door again himself. i quickly turn back around and blush at his comment before picking out my shoes.

-

later that day i met up with oliver to practice quidditch. we were becoming very good friends this year.we practiced for about an hour before i had to leave to meet up with Malfoy. i ran down the corriders in a hurry to get to the Slytherin common room. i push the door open and quickly head to my dorm to get my books before meeting him down at the couch next to the fireplace. i look at the crackling fire before my eyes get covered by two cold hands. a small wind of familiar cologne brushes against my nose as my mouth curves into a slight smile.

"guess who?", i hear a familiar voice say from behind.

"Malfoy", i reply.

"correct", he says setting down his bag and sitting next to me. "what should we start with first?"

"well probably transfiguration since that the class i am doing the worst with.", i reply. draco nods and reaches over into his bag pulling out his transfiguration textbook seconds after. i do the same and we start with the homework before going over a review of the topics and vocabulary we are doing in class currently.

after about two hours off laughing and studying. pug faced pansy shows up unwelcomed.

"well well well. if it isn't little miss. mudblood.", she says with an annoying smile. i watch draco's face get red before i place my hand lightly on his knee to calm him down.

"well well well, if it isn't miss. pug faced twat.", i reply standing up from the couch and walking over to her. draco lets out a soft chuckle causing pansy to frown.

"what are you doing hanging out with a mudblood draco?", asks pansy looking draco in the eyes. draco opens his mouth to speak, but before he can, i start speaking.

"and what are you doing getting on a mikealson's nerves", i ask angrily with both of my hands in tight fists causing my nails to indent into my skin. i dont notice until my hands start bleeding and dripping all over the marble flooring.

"elana! your hands!", says draco standing up and grabbing my arm.

"oh that reminds me! she's not just a mudblood, but a blood sucking monster as well!", she says.

"dont hate on me bitch stay in your place!", i scream causing people in the common room to stare. "you have a bad attitude much!", i add.

"because draco shouldn't be hanging out with you bitch hush!", she replies.

"if i see you ever again bitch your ass is done! i dont need your opinion!", i say in her face before draco pulls me away to take me to the infirmary.

"are you alright?", he asks once we've left pansy behind.

" i am fine", i reply looking at him with a smile.

"i am sorry about pansy. she shouldn't be messing with you."

"damn right she shouldn't. and its not your fault", i reply.

i promise much more spice is coming! thank you so much for 2k reads!