39

Hey everybody, this is a longer chapter and it includes scenes and events from a One Chicago crossover, although it's a little different this time because Erin is involved. It will also be split into 2 chapters. Enjoy and thankyou for those who are still reading along and reviewing!

About a week after deciding to have a small wedding, they finally decided on a date. So they now had 2 more months until Erin would become a Halstead and she couldn't be happier. But then that thought quickly left her mind when Jay hurried off worried.

It was early in the afternoon when Jay got a phone call his fathers apartment building was on fire. Voight covered him without any questions and Erin couldn't help but worry but she stayed put, she knew if Jay needed her he'd call, well that's what she hoped.

Jay drove as fast as possible until he got to his fathers apartment, he'd tried ringing him on the way but no answer. He called Will and explained what was happening and hoped Will had heard from him but still no luck.

Once he pulled up and got out he raced into the building and thankfully saw that firehouse 51 was on scene.

"Chief Boden!" Jay yelled as he raced towards the chief.

Boden turned and saw Jay with a worried look on his face, "Halstead?"

"Where's the fire? What floor?" Jay said in a hurry.

"20, why? What's up?" Boden said confused.

"My dad lives on 23."

Boden turned away to speak to Casey, try get some information for Jay, "Casey, what's it looking like up there?"

"Where's your father?" He turned to Jay after speaking with Casey.

"He lives in 23C."

"Is he up there now?"

"I don't know, he's not answering." Jay said holding up his phone, still worried.

"Excuse me, have you seen Pat Halstead today?" Boden asked the manager.

"Sorry, I don't know him. There's over 500 residents in the tower." The manager shrugged.

"Chief, my dad's got a heart condition." Jay said to Boden, worry in his voice.

"It's okay. We're working our primary search. 23 is next."

Jay nodded, "Do your thing. How can I help?"

"Keep that doorway clear, would you?" Boden instructed.

"Absolutely," Jay nodded, "Everybody back. Clear this door."

After ten or so minutes Boden made his way over to Jay while he had Casey on the radio, "Casey, I got Jay Halstead here. His father lives at 23C. He's not answering his phone. Take a look."

"On our way. Kidd, let's go." Casey replied, Jay nodded towards Boden and took a deep breath, waiting patiently.

"Chief, we're inside 23C right now." Casey said through the radio.

"Halstead," Boden waved hun over, "This way."

"Go ahead, Casey. What'd you find?"

"Nothing. The apartment's empty. No sign of Mr. Halstead." Casey said.

"Carry on, Casey," Boden said then turned to Jay, "That's good news, right?"

Jay sighed, "Yeah, I guess so. Thanks, Chief."

Jay stepped outside and called Will, something still didn't sit right with him.

"Hey Jay." Will answered.