47

They waited half a day to know if Bunny's liver was going to be viable and to everyone's surprise it was. How? No one had any idea but no one cared, they just wanted Lily to be okay. That's all that mattered.

Erin sat down next to Hank in the waiting room that the whole team had taken over in the last couple days. Hank had told Trudy they weren't to be called unless absolutely necessary. This is where they needed to be.

"Did you know?"

"Know that Bunny's blood type was a match?" Erin nodded, "Yes I did. Did I think she would be viable? No. But I'm glad she was."

"Me too. I just hope the surgery's go well, that little girl has been through so much."

"You all have. She's tough though, just like her mother."

Erin smiled and leant into Hanks shoulder, "Thanks Hank."

Hailey and Kevin walked in the trays of coffee passing them around to everyone, Jay got up and nodded to Erin gesturing they head outside, they had barely spoken these last couple days.

She got up and followed him out, "What's up?"

"Just feel like we haven't gotten a moment to ourselves, you know to check in with each other."

Erin smiled and stepped forward wrapping her arms around his waist to snuggle into his chest as he stood tall, "How are you?"

"All I want is to be snuggling in bed with my two healthy girls, that's all I want. I can't believe this is happening."

"I know. But I think everyone's going to be fine. Look Jay I know Bunny isn't at the top of any of our lists but she willing offered to do this, maybe she has changed."

"Maybe, I just hope this works out. I can't lose our little girl."

"Me either."

The emergency doors opened and Will rushed out, "Hey guys, the doctor just came in."

Erin and Jay quickly let go of one another and rushed in to see the doctor, "Miss Fletcher came through the surgery very well."

Erin sighed with relief, "That's good. So she's going to be okay."

"She's fine, but as Will has probably explained, Lily's surgery will take a bit longer." Dr Rhodes explained.

"Yeah, thanks Connor." Jay said shaking his hand before he walked off.

Erin sighed again as she felt her weight go into Jays arms, 'One down. One to go,' She thought.

More hours passed, some were asleep, some were pacing around the waiting room, some were sitting on the floor, some were eating but they were all waiting on hearing the same thing.

Erin was leaning on Jay, her eyelids were heavy, she was so exhausted but she couldn't fall asleep. Suddenly Jay moved his shoulder and stood up, Dr Rhodes entered the waiting room with a smile.

"Lily's doing well."

Everyone was beyond relieved and hugs went around, Erin burst into tears and Jay kept pinching himself to make sure this was actually happening, that his little girl was fine.

"The vessels?" Will asked Connor.

"All the vessels were good. Everything went according to plan, the way we like it," Connor said happily, Jay bought Erin in for a kiss, "Mum and dad can come see her now."

While Lily was still under, Erin went to check in on Bunny with Hank, she entered and noticed Bunny was already talking with Hank, they turned to the door when they heard it open.

"How's Lily?" Bunny asked before Erin had a chance to say anything.

"Uh yeah, she's good. She's still out of it and all hooked up but no she's good. She's fine." Erin said.

"Oh, that's so wonderful." Bunny said reaching out for Erin's hand.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine baby."

"Mum thankyou again." Erin said squeezing her mothers hand.

"I'm just glad I could finally do something right by you."

"Well Thankyou."

"Now don't worry about me, you need to go be with Lily." Bunny said letting go of Erin's hand.

"Okay, I will check in later."

"Bye sweetheart." She said as she watch Erin and Hank leave.

Erin walked in to Lily's room, their little girl was awake snuggled into her fathers chest playing with his fingers. Usually she would bounce around and make lots of noise but this was a completely different side to her.

Erin made her way over to them, Jay lifted his head up and smiled, "Hey look Lil bear, Mumma's here."

"Mumma." Lily said raising her arms.

Erin took her from Jay and sat down next to him, "Hi beautiful girl."

Jay wrapped his arm around Erin and pulled both his girls into his side, "I'm so glad she's okay."

"Me too."

"How's bunny?"

"High as a kite," Erin chuckled, "No she's good. She wanted me to be with Lily so I said I'd check in on her later."

"Don't think I have ever been so grateful for something before."

"Either, especially grateful for something my mother done." Erin agreed.

Jay stroked Lily's cheeks, "I can't wait to have another one."

"About that," Erin paused, "I think we should put a pin in it, after everything with Lily I think I just want to give all our attention to her and looking for a house."

"You sure?"

"Jay we have been trying for a couple months now. I mean if it did happen that would be fine but I think our attention needs to be on this little one at the moment."

"Okay Er."

"Your fine with that?"

He kissed her forehead and nodded, "Of course I am. Maybe not wanting something as much will help it happen quicker anyway."

"Maybe."

"I love you too." Jay said hugging his girls.

"We love you aswell, don't we Lily."

Lily didn't say anything, just snuggled into her mothers chest further, both Erin and Jay smiled hoping that from now on things would get a little better.