Dream

3 days until this festival. At the beginning of Schlatt's rein, Dream had been inclined to side with him. He was the opposite of Wilbur, whom he had fought against. So he was the obvious choice. But he was exactly that, the opposite of Wilbur. Where Wilbur had shown compassion and kindness for his soldiers, Schlatt showed nothing but disinterest. Where Wilbur had shown sorrow for fallen soldiers, Schlatt didn't seem to care if they died. It was a vicious cycle, one Dream did not care for. However, with the peace treaty, Dream could not publicly denounce L'Manberg with the peace treaty. He had to be formal. Call it Manberg in public, do not help the rebels, be kind to Schlatt. He hated leading for this type of thing only. And he was sick of it. His treaty had been with L'Manberg, so he would not support Manberg. He made plans to have things given to the rebels, and to finally voice his opposition of Schlatt. He found the rebel hideout quickly and easily. No one was there, so he left a note explaining and the things he wanted to leave. The book was directed to Tommy but meant for Wilbur, who would want to protect a small piece of what would become history. But for Tommy, he left items. Ender pearls golden apples, armor. And finally, the strongest weapon on the server, Dream's crossbow. He had used it against Tommy so many times, even given it to Schlatt for a short period of time to use against Tommy. It felt fitting to give it to him now. It was time for the harder part of his plan. He was going to Schlatt and Quackity, and he was going to tell them that he was against them. It wasn't telling them that would be hard, it would be telling George. George who had fought by his side in the war, his best friend. With him until the end, as they always said to each other. Maybe George would join him? Highly doubtful it but it was still possible. And what would Sapnap do? He was going to find out because he had had enough of these ridiculous political rules. So when he marched up to the white house to find Schlatt, Quackity, George, and Sapnap all chatting he had built of the courage to say what he needed to. Giving both George and Sapnap friendly smiles and embraces, he completely ignored the outstretched hands of Schlatt and Quackity. He had no care to be kind today. He locked eyes with the new ruler of Manberg.
"I'm done with this" He told him.
"Done with what?" Schlatt asked as George gave him a confused look. Dream ignored him.
"Done with the politics and the ambitious agenda and the ulterior motive. Done with you"
"You will ignore the peace treaty because I annoy you?" Schlatt gave him a bemused look, "I expected more from a legendary ruler"
"The peace treaty I made was with L'Manberg, and I will continue to help the people of L'Manberg as long as they live. Which includes giving them items, food, and shelter if they so choose. I may not have been friends with Wilbur and his people, but they were once citizens under my power. And I will not turn my back on my people" Dream stared down the other leader.
"Are you sure you want to take this path, Dream? Look around, your friends side with me" Schlatt gestured to Sapnap and George at his side.
"Sap? George?" Dream looked to them now, breaking eye contact with Schlatt. Sapnap looked apologetic, but George couldn't even look him in the eye. Dream shook his head. "Even if they side with you now, they are still my people. When they return, I will not turn them away" Dream began to turn away as Schlatt said is final piece.
"If they return," Those three words alone made Dream want to pull his sword on that man, but he chose to keep his calm and continued the long walk back to his home. A note from Sapnap and George arrived shortly, left on his doorstep and delivered by hand. George was the third in command and had to stand with Schlatt, he was sorry. Sapnap apparently had a little squabble with Tommy, and was sorry Dream wasn't with them but not sorry he was siding with Schlatt. He barley skimmed it before throwing  the note away. He wasn't surprised by Sapnap, who had a history of going against him but quickly coming back when offered material items. But George? They were a team. They had never gone against each other, and Dream didn't like the idea of that changing. But he had no choice, what's done was done. Now he just had wait.

————————————————————————
Hi! Super long chapter to make up for how long the last one took! Anyways this is the final stretch before the festival! Make sure you vote if you like the story and follow for more, it really means a lot to me! -MJ