Eret

"I need to speak with you" Dream stood before his throne, but he did not kneel like some did. No, Dream did not bow before power. As the most powerful man around, he felt no need to. Eret might be the king, but he was no Dream.
"Then talk. I'm listening"
"What do you think keeps you in power?"
"I'd like to think respect"
"Well if respect is the only thing between you and a knife in your back, then respect is nothing, right?" That made him suspicious, but he was no match for Dream. He kept quiet.
"I suppose"
"The people are what keep you in power. Me, George, Sapnap, and everyone else"
"What are you saying Dream"
"Without us you'd be nothing. Power comes from a sword and shield"
"Is that a threat?"
"No, but it is advice. Stay neutral in this war. I know they were your friends, and I'm not asking you to join us. Stay neutral, and watch your back" With that he left. Eret did not like the implied threats. Dream had said they weren't, but he saw straight through that. But if his friends lost this war, he had no idea what would happen to his homeland. He was banished but still considered himself a citizen at heart. So he left he confine of his castle and made his way to Pogtopia through Tubbo's tunnels. Manberg was deserted, and when he emerged in Pogtopia he found the ravine in the same way. He headed to the surface and found all Pogtopia's members talking by the lake. He cleared his throat and spoke up.
"Hello" They all turned and faced him. He took a deep breath and began again. "I know that I'm not exactly who you want to see right now. But I've made it clear from the beginning that I am on your side. I'd like to stay and fight with you, if you'll let me" They all looked surprised at his heartfelt words.
"Eret you have betrayed us in the past before, how should we know you won't do it again?" It was Wilbur that stepped forward to ask him.
"Dream has threatened my kingship. He has demanded I stay neutral and instead I am here to help. I gave up everything for that and if I lose it, everything will have been for nothing" Wilbur looked wary but seemed satisfied with his answer. So when everyone packed their things together, he was allowed to march with them. Techno called everyone to follow him, and stalked off towards the other end of the lake. He made sure that all his gear was secured, then dove in. A few of them gasped and ran to the edge to look in. They saw Techno ushering them to follow and then swimming down a hole. They all ended up in a small and cramped room. Techno waved his arms around proudly.
"Welcome to the entrance of my secret base!"
Everyone looked relatively unimpressed, not a lot of stuff for such a legendary warrior. Eret opened a chest. A few potions, a couple diamonds. Nothing special. "No those are my regular items, don't take those" He walked over to the enchanting room, crouched down and pulled a lever. A snapping noise and the ground beneath him moved. They followed him down the ladder and into a large room made of blackstone. "This is my secret base" Jaws dropped as they ran into the storage area. On the wall stood 5 armor stands covered in full suits of netherite. Chests lined the walls full of weapons, arrows, and more. Technoblade grinned. "Take what you need boys" And they did. Soon they were marching down the pathway. When they reached L'Manberg they searched for a place they could easily defend. He saw Dream hidden on the other side of the country. Dream's arm raised and he beckoned Eret with 2 fingers. He silently moved away from the group and pearled over. Dream grabbed him by the arm and walked him to the palace. Everyone was there. Eret did not let his fear show.
"Yes?"
"You went against the only rule I gave you"
"I chose loyalty to the only people who have ever shown me kindness" He gave a sharp glance to them all.
"That's fine. But now you'll just be one of them. Take off the crown. The country is George's now" He looked over to George, who had an indifferent look on his face. "You can take it off, can't you?"
"Yes, but I'll have to take off the glasses, too. It will reveal my eyes"
"That's fine, you can just put them both back on when you leave. They'll mean nothing after this. Take it off"
"No"
"Now"
"I said no"
"Whatever. Ponk, Punz. Show him out" They drew their swords. Eret could maybe take one, but not both. He sprinted for the door with them on his heels. pearling as soon as he could make it all the way back to his friends. He was panting when he reached them again.
"Where were you?" Wilbur crossed his arms and looked at him accusingly. Eret took his hands off of his knees and looked Wilbur in the eye.
"Dream has taken my kingship. George is the new ruler. I have nothing to lose anymore. Tell me what to do" Wilbur and him didn't break eye contact for a minute, but then turned to Techno.
"You need another man on the east side of the tower?" Techno nodded and Wilbur turned back to him. "Those are your orders" He jerked his head and walked back to Tommy. Eret walked over to the other 2 who were on the east side. Fundy and Niki. He stood farther away from them, scared they still hated him, but Fundy walked over.
"You're fighting with us?" Eret nodded. "Good. Don't let us down again"