Wilbur Soot

They all believed the little act. He would give them the week, but that was not nearly enough time. The plan they had in action now was pointless, it would never work. Schlatt wasn't just going ignore pages of the book. They would be found out and their only inside man would be exiled as well. He was going to push that button when Tommy was focused on Schlatt and Quackity. He wouldn't give a thought to come stop him, there was to much going on. So while they spoke Wilbur snuck behind the hill and into a secret hall. At the end of the hall, the room he had carved out. Tnt was scattered around and the words of the national anthem scribbled onto the walls. He whispered them as he walked over to the button. Nobody could stop him now. It was just him and the button. No consequences. He would be killed in the blast for sure, so it didn't matter happened. He would be free. Only himself and Schlatt caught in the deadly explosion. Nobody he cared for was in L'Manberg. Nobody he cared for would be hurt, because he was not there to hurt them. He whispered the final words and brought his hand up.
"My L'Manberg" He went to press the button, and was tackled from behind.
"No!" Tommy's voice filled the small room.
"Get off me Tommy!" Wilbur was older and bigger than him, shoving him away didn't take that much effort. But when Tommy fell away, Quackity was there. Cursing in Spanish under his breath and yelling at Tommy to help, Quackity held him firmly to the ground. Wilbur reached up to press the button but Tommy slammed his arm back down.
"We're in here with you Wilbur. If you press that button you'll kill us all" Tommy pleaded with him. Wilbur stopped struggling and pressed his head to the dirt.
"I just want it to be over. Why do you have to make this so hard Tommy!"
"I can't let you blow it up"
"I know you can't"
"Listen, Schlatt said he found the tnt. He said he followed the tunnels and moved it to Pogtopia"
"What! Get off me we have to go!" Tommy and Quackity looked unsure but reluctantly released Wilbur and headed down the hall. He looked to the button, desperately wanting to press it but knowing he can't.
"My L'Manberg" He muttered one final time and followed the other boys out. He knew he would be back here soon. They walked silently through the woods, reaching L'Manberg at dusk. When they walked inside the ravine, Wilbur's eyes went wide. It was covered ceiling to floor in buttons.
"How did they even?" Tommy started a question but couldn't finish in his awe and confusion. Wilbur knew what he meant anyways.
"I don't know" He started to smile, and then laugh.
"What's so funny?" Tommy turned to him looking concerned.
"Look around Tommy, look at what he did. It would've been so much easier if you had let me press that button"
"No! No button pressing! Not in L'Manberg, and not here" Wilbur raised his brow at Tommy's unintentional challenge. He smacked the closest button to him with breaking eye contact. Tommy's eyes widened. "Dude! Don't!" Wilbur moved down a step and smacked another. Tommy tried to stop him but he hit as many as he could until they were on the floor of the cave. Watching their feet so they wouldn't step on buttons, Wilbur danced along the open spaces. Moving away until he was cornered at the end, smacking the occasional button as he went.
"Isn't this so much fun Tommy?"
"Stop hitting the-" All three of their heads snapped to the entrance to the tunnels where a noise had come from. Tommy and Quackity moved their hands to their sword hilts. Footsteps echoed until the person reached the end of the tunnel. Wilbur knew who it was before they stepped out of the shadow. He knew by the shoes and the outfit and the height but mostly, he knew by the hat. So when Fundy stepped into the light, Wilbur was not surprised. His smile from the game with Tommy had dropped. He did not move, he did not look away. He only stared at his son, who stared right back.
"Hello everyone, hey Will" He looked at the ground, as if nervous for what their reactions would be.
"What are you doing here Fundy" His son winced at the harsh words he spoke. "Come to place more buttons?" He gestured around at the ravine. "Come to attack?" He pointed to the sword that hung from Fundy's belt. "Come to tell you're old man why he's wrong" Wilbur gestured to his own chest, but lifted Fundy his head and shook it.
"I realized something"
"What, that you're working for a lying coward? A tyrant?" Tommy's rage was evident on his face as he carefully stepped towards Fundy and pointed an accusatory finger at him. Fundy looked to his feet again.
"Yes" Wilbur and Tommy's eyes went wide in shock. "I followed Schlatt because I thought he could be something. But when-" Fundy sniffed as tears were brought to his eyes. He looked at Wilbur. "No good man can have someone killed"
"Quit telling everyone I'm dead!" Tubbo's voice rang out as he walked down the stairs into the ravine. Wilbur rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, a real tragedy" But Fundy was already sprinting for Tubbo with tears in his eyes. He hugged Tubbo tightly before pulling back.
"How did you- We thought you were dead!" Fundy asked through his tears, Tubbo smiled at him.
"I know. Techno told me to duck right before shooting, then, uh, distracted the crowd by shooting at them. You all rushed to Schlatt and Niki helped me run"
"Thank god you're all safe" Tommy and Tubbo nodded but Wilbur was unmoving.
"Why did you come, Fundy" He looked at Wilbur.
"I want to help. Schlatt is at his lowest point, he just lost his right hand man and he's weak" Tommy looked around before speaking.
"He's right. Look, almost all of the people of L'Manberg are here. Plus Dream is on our side!"
"Actually" Dream stepped out of the shadows as if his name summoned him. "I have some bad news"
"Oh come on. You are such and anti-hero Dream" Wilbur glared at that stupid smile mask.
"I thought you were on our side Dream!" Tommy looked confused and upset, and he had every right to be.
"Tommy, I was never on your side. Schlatt asked for my help in exchange for a certain amount of power, that plus the imposter in your group made me an offer I can't refuse"
"The what! I thought that was all bull! Who's the imposter?"
"I cannot and will not tell you Tommy" Dream looked down at the boy, but then looked straight to Wilbur. "It will all be Dream SMP land again soon. It's been my goal since the beginning" Wilbur continued to glare at him.
"Not if I can help it"
"Get out of here Dream, if you're not going to help then you're not wanted" Tommy shouted at him. Dream raised his hands in mock surrender and waltzed back down the tunnel. His last whisper echoing back to them.
"Just remember, it was never meant to be"
"We just can't catch a break, can we? One piece of bad news after another" Wilbur turned to Tommy.
"You should go rest" He turned to the rest of the crowd that had gathered. Himself, Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy, Niki, and Technoblade. Techno had stepped out of the shadows when Dream had, ready to fight if need be. "You should all rest. We take back L'Manberg tomorrow. And if we don't, I won't let Dream have it. If we don't, I'm going to blow it up"

————————————————————————
Hey y'all! Super long and hopefully interesting chapter. The next on should be out this week. Vote and follow if you enjoy the story, and let me know what you think! Bis später -MJ