Chapter 100

This is Lagertha's first night being alone in the world without a mother and a father, and she is now on her own. She held onto her longsword in case some mysterious creature of the night stops her in her tracks. Lagertha has the blood of the wolf, and that alone could serve her well in the sleepless nights before her. She looked forward and felt where the red star was located; she had to follow the star and have answers waiting for her. Lagertha's new purpose in life is to honor her mother's people and bring her father out of the darkness and into the light.

Meanwhile, Lenora felt so much violence and horror be released in front of Midland's gates and there was nothing she could do about it. She could not simply venture forth into the battlefield and kill as many of her enemies as possible. Julius no longer went by his correct name; he now goes by the name of the one who gave him unspeakable power. In front of the gates, both the demons and the humans stood in shock and surprise as Julius was about to do something he will never forget. They watch on as the huntsman opens his eyes and looks at the sky, and he raises his hands to present himself to all who bore witness.

"I AM MEPHILES! CONQUEROR OF WORLDS! YOU WILL TASTE NO VICTORY!!" He shouted. As he stood before the legion and the Midland army, Balvu got only a little strength back.

With all of his fury and strength, the knight leader dashes to Julius and holds onto his blade to cut Julius to pieces. Balvu swung his sword at the demon hunter, but Julius dodges every blow instead of crossing blades with his enemy. According to Julius, Balvu already lost the duel and he would only make the situation even worse. The slayer took less damage than the knight leader, but Julius could regenerate himself and heal his scars. In a split second, Julius uses his greatsword and swings it fast enough to make Balvu's last blade crack open.

Before he knew it, Julius pushes his sword into the bottom of Balvu's chin, and he makes the sword run-up to the man's head. He pushes the sword deep into Balvu's skull until lots of blood and gore gushes out and ends up falling from his face. Julius regretted nothing as he slowly ended the life of the leader of Midland's knights; they all watched in fear of what would happen to them if they did not do something about it. Julius watched as Balvu's head is nothing but a mass of blood and gore, and he keeps his greatsword pierced inside the man's head. The night creatures were easily impressed by how quick the duel was and how easy it was for their king to kill the leader of the humans.

"In paradise, you will know me as a conqueror and the king of this world. You were never strong enough to defeat me. Even in death, I will tear you apart. Gain some freedom in death," Julius said. Balvu said nothing because the demonic greatsword choked the life out of him, and he quickly drew his last breath as his last vision was of the man who succumbed to the dark embrace.

And so, Balvu died a violent death as Julius and his dominated army were very close to achieving their victory over the humans. Then Julius pulls his greatsword out from Balvu's head and leaves the knight leader on the ground to die along with his army. The demon hunter watched as his sword was covered with the blood and gore of his strong opponent. He knew he could not waste breath on a person who was sent to kill him in the first place as the midnight moon still appeared in the sky. Then, he lifted his greatsword and held it in the air to persuade his dominated army to push forward into the kingdom.

They all lifted their weapons, and they held onto their swords while giving out war cries and roars under the moon. Julius and the demons charged forward, and all of them were prepared to take the castle for themselves. The huntsman's aim was clear; he needed to go fulfill it while his army killed anything and anyone standing in their way. No matter how he did it, Julius needed to get inside the castle to settle things with King Harald and dethrone him. Then, a dozen knights corner him to kill him before he makes his way to the entrance doors.