Chapter 15

Perhaps it would be good to know what happened with poor Japan, who instead of having a relatively good time thanks to the alcohol he drank, experienced the exact opposite. But before, there's someone else who wouldn't be attending the meeting that was going to take place in a day: Germany.
His boss had told him that there was an important business to attend regarding a deal about car importations. Japan wasn't attending it, but that reason hadn't been mentioned in the first place. It could be simply that it wasn't a meeting that needed the country.
In any case, tho he knew it was important that he attended the world meeting, he needed a plan in case he wasn't able to make it back; so of course, he asked his older brother, Prussia, to attend just in case. He wondered how much of a good idea it was on the first place, but he knew his big bruder could be trusted with that.
Of course, the meetings he had were pretty long. He wanted to visit Japan while he was there, but strangely enough, both times he tried to call, there was no answer. He figured his friend might have been busy, and decided not to bother him as it would be impolite.
Germany still wondered how had he not received any news regarding where his friend was, but tried not to give it much thought. On what he expected to be his last night staying there, the blonde decided to go grab a beer in the hotel he was staying at.
While walking there, he saw what he would have considered an unexpected sight: Japan was walking through the street, quite obviously drunk.
Germany had heard that it was safe to get drunk and just lay down on the streets in the country, but his friend wasn't even laying down: he was just walking, and looked to be on a quite terrible state.
Carefully, he approached his friend, trying not to scare him.
"Japan, are you alright ?"he asked.
There was no response, as his friend was far to drunk to understand what could possibly was being said. He simply sobbed more, which alarmed Germany.
"Hey, come with me" the blonde inspired.Japan barely reacted, actually moving slightly away. Seeing he had no option, and that his strength was beyond that of usual humans, Germany decided to just pick him "Sorry, but you could get yourself harmed in here "
It was concerning to see that Japan put absolutely no effort in trying to not let himself be held.Maybe he knew it was a friend who was taking him, but there was no guarantee. Germany carried him easily, trying to ignore any weird looks he got from strangers.If he went back to Japan's house, it would only lead to rumors, so he decided that going to the hotel he was staying at was a better option. Still, he hoped no one would recognize them.
Luckily, he got back into his hotel room pretty quickly. Germany was planning to leave Japan on the bed while he slept on the floor, but the black haired country started to hug him tightly. That was the absolute proof that he had gotten drunk until nearly passing out.
Germany was unable to make him let go. Even worse, Japan was incredibly quick to fall asleep. Not wanting to wake him up, the now red faced blonde decided to just let him be. He knew that once morning arrived, his poor friend was going to scream and apologize like if there was no tomorrow, tho he had to admit that Japan looked rather cute.
Having been on a meeting almost all day, and having carried his friend back there, Germany himself also fell asleep. Due to Italy's habits, he was at least able to sleep with someone else on the same bed.
Of course, Germany was right: as soon as Japan woke up and saw himself comfortably laying on his friend's chest, he went incredibly pale before screaming.
"GERMANY?OH GOD, IM SO TERRIBLY SORRY"he quickly stood up, nearly falling down as he apologized, due to his headache.He hoped it wasn't like that one time with Greece "I-I was drunk, I didn't mean to do whatever I did !"
"It's alright, you were pretty drunk last night so I took you here to make sure you were okay "Germany explained "I didn't expect you to hug me that hard though, but I didn't want to wake you up. You didn't seem well"
"I'm so sorry for any trouble that I caused you" he apologized. No wonder America and Italy didn't want to be with him "I'll make it up for you in anyway".
Japan could barely remember what happened after he left the bar, but he knew he had tears on his eyes at some point. It would be pretty embarrassing if Germany said anything about that.
Thankfully, he didn't.
"I just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to you, that's all" he said sincerely. He wouldn't have forgiven himself for just leaving him in that state.
Japan smiled fondly. It was nice to have someone who cared about him.
"I still insist." Japan took some courage, and decided to change strategy.Not even he knew what impulsed him to say the following words "M-maybe a date ?"
Germany's face was slightly red after hearing the question. He had never been on a real date, and no, that one incident with Italy didn't count and he refused to remember it.
"A-are you sure about it?" Germany asked. Well, Japan was cute after all, and quite calm. He wouldn't mind if he was honest.
Japan nodded "I'll go get ready at my house. See me there in an hour" not even he knew how that happened, but he left relatively quickly.
"Alright..." Germany responded. He needed to text his brother quickly.
Prussia was older than him, but Germany doubted that he would have any advice. He just needed to tell him that officially, he wouldn't be attending the mee to my
"Bruder, I'm staying here a bit longer. Something came up"
"Alright, West. The awesome me will take care of the meeting !
But are you okay ?"
"Ja, I'm Japan just asked me to go out in a date with him "
"Congrats, little bruder ! Just don't ask him to marry you."
"THAT WAS ONLY ONE TIME, AND THE BOOK SAID SO "
The good thing was that Germany didn't have any engagement ring with him at the moment. He still tried to understand the relationship he had with Japan: they were still close friends after all. The main issue was that neither of them were good at handling feelings or interpersonal relationships.
In Japan's house, he was having similar thoughts. Usually, he was less straight forward. Heck, as far as Japan knew, he had never gone on a date.
Luckily, he had an extensive collection of shoujo mangas. While he knew it was the most ideal source of knowledge, he knew better than to take its content too literally: he simply wanted to have an idea on what the hell to do on a date.
Thankfully, the solution was simple: he knew Germany was fond of sweets, and so was he. Simply going out for some could work perfectly. That's what he thought as he got a bath, getting himself ready.
Even then, it would be impossible for Japan to figure why he had wanted to ask Germany out. Of course, as soon as one hour had passed, there was a knock on the door.
Both of them were incredibly puntual, and Japan opened the door only to once again get out.
As it was a date, Germany had also fixed himself a bit. Japan blushed a bit, as he found his friend to look quite handsome like that. The blonde thought the same, but asides from a polite greeting, neither of them decided to comment on it.