1. girlfriend

~{•>•<•}~
marinette's pov

I turned around the corner, heading home after school on Friday.

Finally it's the weekend! I was almost at our bakery door when I looked over to see Kagami and Adrien at the park.

It wasn't weird to see them together, I mean they were friends and had fencing together. But, I couldn't help but have a weird feeling about them today.

I turn my direction towards a wall near where they were sitting and I hid behind it.

"Marinette what are you thinking?" Tiki hissed after opening the purse she was hiding in.

"Oh come on Tiki, I haven't done this in a while and I just feel like something weird is going to happen right now," I said turning my attention back to Adrien and Kagami.

Tiki sighed but didn't argue as I leaned in and listened to what they were saying. I saw Kagami bend down and pick up a rose.

"It was hilarious! And then Nino was like-" Adrien laughed before getting cut off by Kagami.

"Adrien," She said.

"Yes?"

"I have something to tell you,"

My heart rate increased. I knew what she was going to say but I still hoped she wouldn't say it.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She said extending the flower towards him.

I turned to look behind but I couldn't see his face since he was now turned to face Kagami. I felt my cheeks burn and I found myself thinking I don't want to know the answer.

"Marinette?" Tiki asked before I got up. I looked back at her apologetically saying that we could talk when we got back home. I wanted to get out before I heard the answer.

I started running back to the bakery and tried not to be noticed until-

Thud.

I tripped on a rock and face planted on the floor. I saw a few heads turn towards me, including them. I tried to get up as fast as possible but they were already in front of me.

"Marinette are you okay?"

I knew who it was but didn't feel like talking. I felt tears swell in my eyes and I refused to look up not wanting them to see me like that.

I kept my head down and put up a hand to say I was fine as I dusted myself off and ran back to the bakery.

I saw Adrien try to follow me before Kagami pulled his hand and said something to him and he stopped. They stood there with their hands together but I couldn't help notice his expression.

His face. He looked at me with pity and sadness. Probably because he couldn't help knowing him. But I still hated it. I didn't want him to look at me like that.

Once in the bakery, I went upstairs and fell face first into my chaise as Tiki flew out of my bag.

"Aw Marinette it's okay," Tiki said. Trying to make me feel better to no avail.

"Ifim- dom worrm about- mfm" I responded but she didn't understand what I was saying since my face was flush with the chaise.

~{•>•<•}~

Tiki gave Marinette a worried look before letting her be. She knew Mari always preferred to be alone whenever something was bothering her and that's what she did.

Marinette however was revisiting memories of Adrien saying she just a friend. She knew he didn't think of her that way.

That's why she had tried (but failed) too move on. But now she had too since he had a girlfriend.