9. invited

~{•>•<•}~
marinette's pov

I rushed out of the building we were eating at and stress was taking over me.

Ugh.. He didn't even mention the gala to me! I literally found out threw some article online!

I speed walked over to the bakery before pulling out my phone.
Walking upstairs I saw a notification from the Adrien Agrese fanclub.

ADRIEN AGRESE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND?! HEARTS BEING BROKEN AROUND THE WORLD!

Under there was a picture of Adrien kissing Kagami. He looks happy. I shouldn't be mad.

"URGH!" I said pulling my hair and flopping onto my chaise. I let out a quiet sob.

I really need to get over him.

Thud.

I heard a knock on my trapdoor before opening the hatch.

"Looks like the stray came back," I smiled, pushing myself onto my balcony.

"Well purrrincess, you can't kiss someone and expect them to never come back," He said leaning in close to my face.
"You know a kiss on the cheek is common curtsy in France," I said leaning in closer.

I watched as his cheeks flushed and I laughed.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked noticing his strange quietness and distant look in his eye.

"I uh... it..It doesn't matter," He said with a frown avoiding my eyes.

"It matters to me kitty," I said placing a hand in his cheek.
He looked over with a lost expression.

"It's um girl problems," He said looking down. My eyes widened.

"Oh?"

"It's nothing."

"I told you about my boy problems, fes up."

"A girl asked me out," He said. Oh I know this story. I remembered him asking Ladybug about it.

"And?"

"And I said yes."

"You should stop visiting me then." I said looking out at the city.

"W-What?" He turned to me with wide eyes, with worry and... desperation?

"No- No I mean, I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend was talking to another girl behind my back," I said.

"Oh, it's just, I don't like her like that. My father wanted me to find a date of this party and I didn't know who to ask, so I asked her and we started dating," He sighed.

"What's wrong with that," I asked leaning my head to the side.

"She thinks I love her, my father thinks I'm dating her for him, I just feel like everyones controlling my life outside of Chat Noir," He explained.

I shouldn't have told him to date that girl. He obviously doesn't have that interest in her.

I leaned over against his shoulder to his surprise and he relaxed, although I thought I saw a dust of pink on his face before he turned away.

"It's okay not to be okay. Sometimes people have different ways of thinking and doing things but what matters is that you stay true to yourself. Your still the fun loving Chat I know," I smiled at him and he gazed up at me.

"Thanks Marinette."

"Come on let's go inside."

~{•>•<•}~
adrien's pov