11. lunch date

"Hey dude," Luka said. His smile was crooked. A half smiled. I gave him a nod and a fist bump before he swung his arm around Mari's neck.
There it was. That pain. Again.

~{•>•<•}~

Adrien cleared his throat before continuing talking. Get rid of that feeling. He thought, although he didn't know how.

"My shoot is going to be over in 10 minutes if you guys want to go to lunch?" Adrien asked.

He wanted to send more time with Marinette. Because he was so busy with the gala that his father was hosting, he couldn't visit his princess as often.

"Like a double date?" Kagami asked. Adrien felt his heart plunge. Were Marinette and Luka dating?

"I- uh... Sure!" Adrien said trying to find his words without looking upset or confused.

"Um how about a friendly gathering. I mean we're all friends and I'm trying to stay away from boys, if you know what I mean," Marinette said twirling her hair in her fingers.

She and Luka weren't dating. And although she enjoyed his company, she just wanted a friend. Not a lover. Unless it was Adrien. (*author coughs abruptly*)

Marinette looked up when she heard Luka's chuckle. He looks hurt. She winced. Whoops.

Adrien on the other hand was happy. So she's not dating him. Good to know.

"Ok that sounds good! I'll finish up and you guys can pick where we eat," Adrien said waving them off as he was called back on set.

"Trying to stay away from boys are we now?" Luka laughed. Marinette blushed a little and looked at down.

"Well I don't have the most successful love life..." She mumbled. Luckily only Luka heard because Marinette was sure if Kagami heard she wouldn't be to happy.

The two laughed to Kagami's confusion.

"Hey, mine isn't any better," Luka chuckled. Marinette felt guilt build up but she kept her fake smile steady.

"So where do you guys want to eat," Kagami asked.

"Anywhere but sandwiches. I've been eating way too many lately."

"I agree with that," Marinette said remembering their last sandwich date.

"How about Chinese?" Kagami asked.

Marinette's face lit up.

"Yeah! That sounds great," She smiled. The girl loved chinese food. It reminded her of her ancestry.

"I'm down, as long as I can get some honey walnut shrimp," Luka said rubbing his stomach.

They erupted in laugher as Adrien made his way back.

"I finished, where did you guys want to go?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

"We getting Chinese food. I actually know a good spot on the corner past that block," Mainette said sligging her things over her shoulder.