4. behind a wall

~{•>•<•}~
marinette's pov

The weekend was slow and torturous as I kept wondering whether or not Adrien and Kagami were dating. But soon I would find out.

I woke up early today and got ready. By the the time I was at school there was 35 minutes before it started.

"Looks like Alya's not here yet," I sighed.

"Well that's your fault for waking up at the crack of dawn to find out whether Adrien's single or not," Tiki sassed.

"Oh come on Tiki! You make me sound crazy," I said.

"You are!"

"Mhmm"

"Hey who are you spying on?"

I felt a warm breath against me ear and I shivered. I whipped around to see a boy with blue tipped hair.

"Luka!" I said.

"Hey M-Mm- Marinette," He laughed. I punched him in the stomach.

"Ouch that hurt! Your killing me Mari!" He said with smirk holding his stomach.
I started laughing. I always could be myself around Luka.

"So why are you watching the school behind a wall, It's not like you to be up this early," Luka asked after our laughter died down.

"Uhh- It would be a long awkward story," I said rubbing my hand behind my neck.

"*haha* Ok Mari but I'll wait in front of school with you so you look less creepy," He said with a smile.

Oh Luka, you really are a good person. I smiled to myself.

"Ok sure."

We sat down on the steps and soon enough 20 minutes had passed. People started coming as well as Alya who stopped by us and we sat up.

"Hey Alya!" I beamed.

"Hello Mari and your little friend over here;" She said with her signature, "So you gonna date him?" smirk.
I sighed picking up on it. Luka just laughed.

"I'm just here because my school has the day off. I was actually just passing by when I saw somebody 35 minutes early hiding behind a wall," He smirked looking in my direction.

"You were doing what?!" Alya gasped.

"Oh stop you don't even know what I was doing there," I huffed.

"Mhmm.." Alya raised a brow.

"Anyway I'll catch you later, gotta get going ." Luka said waving before he departed.

"So what's this about hiding behind a wall?" Alya asked the second Luka left.

"I don't know," I mumbled kicking a rock. Well I wasn't going to say I was waiting for Adrien to see if he was dating Kagami.

Just then a black limo pulled up to the school and a blond boy and raven haired girl stepped out.

"ADRIKENS!"

There was a high pitched screech as a Chloe threw her arms around Adrien.

Although to her dismay he quickly pulled away. Alya and I had since started walking over, when I heard him say it.

"Sorry Chlo but I'm dating Kagami."

My face fell. I knew it was going to happen! Why did I even try getting my hopes up! He literally loves Kagami! I felt my face start to get hot and Alya turned to me. It seemed she now knew why I was early.

"Oh Marinette-" Alya started to say but was soon interrupted by the new found couple.

"Hey guys!" Adrien said with his arm around Kagami's neck.

"H-Hi Adrien," I said. He has a girlfriend and I still can't stop stuttering! What's wrong with me! But I knew it wasn't because he was there that I stuttered.
It was because my throat was unusually dry and my heart was beating faster than any heart should.

"Sorry I didn't text you guys! But I'm dating Kagami now," Adrien grinned and pulled Kagami closer. I saw a blush grow on her face.

I wanted to scream. Or run away. Either one. I just want to leave.

"O-Oh ok! You guys l-look very good together! Congrats!" I said as I managed to piece together a somewhat believable smile.

I was thankful Adrien bought it. Probably because I could never really talk to him. They went to talk to Nino as Alya swung her arm around my neck and whispered something.

"It's okay Marinette, be strong. You can let it out when you get home."

I felt tears swell in my eyes but I pushed them back with Alya's words.

"Your the best Alya," I whispered.

The bell rung and we all headed to class. Fortunately, Kagami was in a different class than us after she transferred here.

When Alya and I went in the class Adrien and Nino were already seated. I took my place in front of Adrien and put my head down letting my hair fall over my eyes so I couldn't be seen.

"Wow Adrien, I never thought you'd get a girlfriend," Nino said.

"Ouch, that hurts," Adrien laughed.

"No! No, not like that! I meant I didn't think you'd start dating now if you know what I mean."

"ADRIKINSSS!" I looked up. For once I was glad Chloe was here. I just didn't want to here the boys talking about Kagami and Adrien.

"Why are you dating that trash! You should be dating me! Me!" Chloe said with her hands on he hips.

I looked at Alya and we both smiled and I let a giggle escape my lips. Chloe didn't catch it, but Adrien did.

I could feel his eye on my head and I decided I should say something. Avoiding him isn't going to make him single again.

"Keep staring and you'll burn wholes in my head," I said turning around with a weak smile.

Alya looked at me surprised. Maybe she thought I was going to mope around all day. Or it was because I didn't stutter. But I had prepared for this. Yes it hurt so I tried to pretend I was talking to Chat Noir.

Adrien looked surprised too. Was that mean? That's how I usually joke with friends.

"*haha* I heard you laugh at Chloes outburst," He said with his perfect smile. Ignoring the fact Chloe was still yelling, I almost got caught in a daze.

I felt tears swell up as I looked at his perfect face. Nope. Don't do it. Pretend it's Chat. Pretend it's Chat.

"Chloe's always ranting I just find it funny now," I said turning back to the front of my desk so he wouldn't see my eyes start to water.

Just then Miss. Bustier walked in and started our lesson.

A day of school later, I started walking home. I saw Kagami meet up with Adrien and I bolted. Hopefully he didn't think that was weird.

After I made it too my room. I took down my posters of Adrien and changed my computer screen. He's taken.

Tiki flew out of my purse but didn't say anything. I looked at one last poster on the floor and I couldn't hold it in any longer. I just broke.