6. he doesn't deserve you

~{•>•<•}~

After changing into Chat Noir, Adrien jumped from building to building. Not sure where he was going, Chat was flying across Pairs.

It's nice to see Pairs like this. Especially when there's not an akuma attacking the city. He thought to himself. Chat was now sitting on the roof of a building, dangling his feet off the building.

It was late, Chat checked his cat phone and it was 10:38 pm.

Maybe I should head back. But I don't want to go back.
Chat sighed getting up to leave when he saw a familiar girl on her balcony.

Marinette?

The boy inched closer to a nearby building and watched as her face went from content to sad in an instant.
I wonder what's wrong?

Chat about jumped onto her roof making sure to be as quiet as possible.
Marinette turned to face him. She had bags under her eyes and her cheeks were tinted pink.

"Hello Princess."

A sad smile appeared on her face as she turned to the cat eared boy.

"Hello Chat," She said before turning back towards the view.

"Is there something wrong, purrincess?"

"Uh... no I'm fine," Marinette said. "So why are you out here so late?" She asked.

"Ah ah ah, I asked you my question first," Chat said now walking towards the railing of her balcony.

"It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me."

She lightly punched Chat in the side. Marinette always felt to comfortable around him.

"Boy issues," She sighed.

"Boy issues?"

Chat raised a brow, which didn't go unnoticed by Marinette. She turned over, leaning her back against the railing.

"Yes boy issues," Marinette paused. "Particularly one boy," She looked down at her feet.

"Well well that must be one lucky boy," Chat chuckled.

"Your wrong," Marinette said still looking down.
Chat let his gaze land on her as he watched.

"He has a girlfriend."

Chat's eyes opened wide.

"Wow, didn't peg you for the type to go after a taken man."

Marinette turned to him and smiled sadly. It made his heart cringe looking at his friend this way.

"He only started dating her a week ago," She lied.

Technically they started dating this weekend but she didn't want to make it obvious that it was Adrien. That would be embarrassing.

"Oh, if it makes you feel better I'm also having so lady issues," Chat said turning towards the city.

"With Ladybug?" Marinette questioned. She didn't think she had done anything to harm their relationship.

"No, in my personal life."

Oh good. Well not good. But I'm glad I didn't screw up our friendship. Marinette thought to herself.

"That's hard to believe," She said now also looking at the city.

"What?" Chat said turning to stare at her.