17. Who is Vartika?

Please vote;)

Please vote;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Shiv's POV:

I , Satvik and my cousins were sitting on the round table. We were laughing and eating while making fun of each other.

I was about to get up to keep my plate when Varun came and said, "Bro, your mom is calling you!"

"Why?" I asked. He shrugged in response while glancing up at me from his phone.

"Where is she?" I asked after getting up.

"Near the water stall with my mom and some other aunties." he replied.

I left after saying,"Ok" and he sat on my seat.

I walked towards my mom after keeping the plate.

When I reached closer, I saw a new face among the other aunties. I got a feeling that I have seen her before, but couldn't get myself to remember when.

As I greeted everyone, my mom asked me the same old question. "Shiv, remember her?!"

I narrowed my eyes and looked at the lady standing beside my mom. I tried to remember. That was a lot of pressure on my little brain. I finally said in an unsure tone, "Nisha Aunty?"

Nisha Aunty nodded, smiling at me. I smiled back at her and then greeted her.

"Hello son! How are you? I'm glad you remember me!" Nisha Aunty said.

"I'm good Aunty! And you?" I said smiling at her.

"I'm good too... Urmi, your son has grown up so much! I remember the last time I saw him, I guess he was around 10 years and he was so cute and now look at him.... he's so handsome." Nisha Aunty said to my mom.

"Yeah! And remember how he and Vartika used to play the whole day." my mom said.

"Yeah! And they used to get so sad when we used to separate them!" she turned towards me. "Hey Shiv! Do you remember..... you used to say that you wanna marry her when you grow up? So do you still feel the same?" Nisha Aunty said teasing me and I gave them a confused look.

"Yeah, yeah! Tell! Don't be shy! I don't have any problem! In fact, I would love to have her as my daughter-in-law!" my mom said happily.

"Mom!" I whispered to my mom.

All the aunties started laughing. I started feeling really embarrassed and awkward. "I think my friends are calling me..... Bye Aunty! It was really nice meeting you. Hope to see you soon!"

As I left I heard my mother and aunties laughing even more loudly. I don't know why but I felt really embarrassed and annoyed, my cheeks turned red.

'Who is this Vartika?'

When I went back, Satvik and my cousins were not there. I looked around but did not see them anywhere, so I decided to call them.

I took out my phone from my pocket and dialed Satvik's number. As I was about to put the phone on my ear, a girl came and stood next to me and shouted 'VARTIKA!'.

My hand stopped in the air.

That girl ran away towards the other girl (Vartika) after calling her name.

'Is she the same girl, Aunty, was talking about?'

My curiosity got the best out of me as I turned around to see.

The girl that shouted 'Vartika' ran towards a girl and hugged her. My eyes went wide in shock and automatically I murmured, "Mitthu!"

How can I be such a big idiot!? I forgot about my own crush? Who does that?!

Mitthu is Vartika's nickname. I was so used to calling her by her nickname that I forgot her real name.

Vartika is Nisha Aunty's younger daughter and my first crush.

As I looked at her smiling face all the memories of the time we spent together came back.

I still remember how I used to follow her around the whole day, how I used to play with her the whole day, even the games that only girl's used to play, just to spend some time with her. I still remember how we used to walk to school holding each other's hand.

Then suddenly one day she left the city because of her father's job and since then I never saw her again, until now. We used to talk on phone but eventually it stopped too as we both got busy with our own lives.

Vartika and the girl who called her were now sitting on the vintage sofa which was kept there as a prop for photoshoot. I looked at Vartika, she was smiling and posing for the camera.

I could not help but stare at her. She looked stunning. She was wearing a pink and neon green colored lehenga.

Suddenly, Vartika noticed me staring at her but I didn't take my eyes off her. I just couldn't!

We both kept staring at each other and then suddenly she smiled at me. I felt my heart skip a beat. That smile was so beautiful!

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank You ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬