Not the Time to Fight

Jacque had always told her that as long as she was led by her heart, he would stand beside her. "Never let them drag you down to their level Trix, in the end that's what will matter." But in this situation what would he say? Would he tell her to turn the other cheek to Dr. Jacob Mullens Nazi in training? Would he tell her this is what God had planned? She tried to imagine what he would say if he found her in this place, or knew the dirty details of the things that had been done. There was no way.

She awoke to Dr. Mullens shaking her gently, "We're ready to proceed." She groaned, they had kept her on a pretty regular supply of the Ativan. The feeling of losing control of everything in her life had given her a minor mental breakdown. Dr. Mullens helped her into the wheel chair. The male nurse was there again, pushing her into the procedure room where Dr. Peterson was. It wasn't like the last procedure, it didn't hurt and instead of a needle a thin catheter was used. It was done rather quickly. Dr. Peterson placed his hand on her shoulder, "You should stay lying down for a while. Give those two perfect embryos a chance to find a nice comfy spot."

She turned horrified to him, "Two?" She then pushed his hand off her shoulder. He pulled his hand back like a wounded animal, coughing slightly, "Yes, better to be safe in this situation." Trixie was still groggy, but her spark was coming back. "Un-fucking-believable." Dr. Mullens had to try hard not to smile at her amusing behavior. "Get away from me." She barked as she waved her hand at Dr. Peterson. He and Dr. Mullens shared a glance then he nodded and sulked out of the room.

"Are you going to be like this for a while?" Dr. Mullens ask while handing over Trixie's normal hospital clothes. She snatched them away from him, "What?" "Unreasonable towards Dr. Peterson." Trixie stood with her clothes in hand for a moment before sighing heavily and snapping, "Can you turn around or something?" He turned slowly around, "Profession aside, it's not like you have any secrets from me." She yanked the hospital shirt down, "You don't know that." Laughing he replied, "I've seen you cry, I've seen your body; felt it, and I know you're not a hard as you like to act. Do you have any other secret things Trixie?" Trixie chucked the gown as hard as she could at his back. "I'm not being unreasonable to Dr. Peterson. You've seen me at unreasonable." She said to him when he turned.

"You call head butting someone in the face being unreasonable?" He asked sardonically as he led her out of the room. "Yeah, what do you call it?" Her tone was of genuine curiosity. As he walked beside her he scoffed, "Hostile." Trixie gave him a sideways glare, "That's not me being hostile." They came to her room, as she reached for the door, he opened it. She turned jumping slightly, she didn't expect him to be that close. "I'll remember that further into your pregnancy." Dr. Mullens had leaned down to grab the door, now while towering over her, his face was in hers. She couldn't have planned or timed it more perfectly.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw someone, standing at the end of the hall. "Jacob what the hell are you doing?" Ivy screeched from down the hall. Dr. Mullens' head twisted on his neck, still bent over Trixie. He quickly straightened up, and stammered, "Ivy." Ivy was stomping towards him arms swinging wildly. "Guess I might see you tomorrow Doc." Trixie said as she rushed into her room. His head shot back to her, "Might?" Trixie shot a glance at the charging Ivy and closed the door.

The yelling outside her door was amusing the entire three minutes it went on. Dr. Mullens quickly shut down his wife and ushered her out of earshot of the residents. For the bad day it had been, it ended on a rather pleasant note. She walked to the large window that looked over the city, pressing her hands to the glass; she leaned over and looked down. It was higher up than she ever remembered being in a building. Watching the sun go down and the streets light up was such a surreal sight.