28. She's Dead

A/N: I updated Lacy using Artbreeder! Cole is pictured below in case you need a reminder.

The next morning I insisted on going to school. Aedyn wasn't happy about it at all, but I couldn't spend all day in the house by myself, and Aedyn had pack work that had to get completed. 

So here I am, following Kat and Ian around as we reach the end of the school day. 

If either of them knew anything about what had happened in the past two days, they didn't talk about it. 

"Oh, Kat. I forgot to tell you." She looked up from her book, both of us curled up on one of the library couches. "Aedyn marked me yesterday." 

She looked at me like I had three heads.

"Yesterday? He marked you, yesterday? And you didn't call me immediately?" She started to hit my shoulder with her book. "You bitch! Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to hear this?" I started laughing at her reaction. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it was late, we just ended up going to bed after, ya know, everything." My face turned red as I thought about what happened yesterday. 

"Wait, there's more? What happened?" She shook her head. "Wait, I don't want too much detail. That's my brother. Ugh. Ew. Images. Did you guys mate?" 

"No." I shook my head. "Um, we kinda just got each other.... off?" My voice rose at the end, unsure of how to convey what happened.

"Mmmmm" Kat wiggled her eyebrows at me. "Things are getting spicy then, hm?" My face grew red and she laughed. 

"We're taking it slow, which I really appreciate. I know it's not... conventional. But Aedyn is really good about making sure I'm comfortable, ya know, all things considered." Kat didn't say anything, but I could see she knew what I was talking about. 

"Aedyn told you not to say anything right? I know you know everything. Even about... what I did. You work in the hospital, Kat. How could you not? I know Ian knows most of the story, of what happened at my old pack, too. I'm not worried about you guys knowing." I put my hand on her leg, letting her know it was okay to talk about. 

"Doc told me about the signs of... sexual assault before any of us knew you were Aedyn's mate." She sighed. "I hadn't seen any of the bruises or anything, Doc was the only one who took care of you, but I was going to act as your nurse for some training so I read your case file. After we found out you were his mate, we'll we agreed to keep it between us. It didn't seem like something we should have told him." Tears came to my eyes. 

"I appreciate that. I really do. I never got to thank you for letting me process everything on my own for a bit. She hugged me and wiped my tears away. 

"You don't ever have to thank me for that. It was my pleasure." She turned to pull a folder out of her bookbag. "As for you cutting yourself, I want you to know, it's going to be okay. It's a normal reaction. Not- not the healthiest, but it's common."  She handed the envelope to me. "I printed out these articles for you, about why you might feel the way you do. I wasn't sure how to bring it up, but you seemed to solve that for me." She laughed a bit before continuing. "I just don't want you to feel like theirs something wrong with you. It's not your fault, and I know that we can all get through this, together."