19. You want to do WHAT?

We both just sat there for a while, lost in thought. He head on his chest. His arms around me. Completely serene.

Unlike the events that just happened.

I can't believe Luke told him the truth. 

I can't believe there is an army of human policemen out there looking for me. 

Getting humans involved in pack business is unheard of. Werewolves were not supposed to put themselves at risk, but Luke basically sent them to our front door. 

I cant believe Aedyn still wants me. 

The idea blows my mind. He wants me anyway. Even more than that, he hates when I say I'm worthless. Like the very idea hurts him. He said he wants me to run the pack with him. And he wants me to feel beautiful and strong and confident. 

Where did this guy come from?

"Are you okay? You're quiet." Aedyn tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before kissing my temple. 

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you enough to tell you." He sighed and shifted a little. 

"Love, its okay. I get it. You were hurt, and you wanted to protect yourself, that's all. There's nothing wrong with that." He hesitated and I looked up at him. "I've been thinking, I know your past, but you don't know mine. Maybe it will help you understand why I don't think any less of you, okay?" I nodded and he sat me up so I was looking into his eyes instead of looking up at him. 

"My dad wasn't my mom's mate. She was the daughter of an alpha and he was mateless, so they made a treaty through marriage. My mom had waited a long time for her mate, and she thought that it just wasn't in the cards for her so she went along with it, and 5 years later, there's me and Kat." He swallowed.

 "But my dad wasn't the nicest guy, you know? He never did anything to me or Kat, but the other pack members were terrified of him, and my mom wanted to be around him less and less, and then one day I saw him beating a pack member in the dungeon, just because they missed a meeting or something stupid." I pressed my head into him neck.

"I was only 4, but I knew what it meant. I knew alpha's weren't supposed to be like that. I made the mistake of telling him that, and he was really angry about it. Smashing furniture, screaming at me, everything and I remember trying to hide, but he always found me. My mom killed him, protecting me." I gasped. 

"That's horrible. I'm so sorry." He smiled at me. 

"It's okay, love. A year later, my mom found her real mate, and he accepted all of us, so we grew up with a loving family, and I never had to worry about something like that." He kissed me on the nose and I crinkled it, making him laughed. 

"But my mom taught us never to hit a person whose down, or in anger, and to help those who are and lift them up and make sure that they are okay. So, I accept you for who you are, and I want to make you feel loved and important and special to me. Because you are. Special to me."

 I smiled at him, and he gave me a grin that made my heart melt, showing off his dimples. We were close enough for me to count each and every one of the freckles across his checked, and to be honest, it was kind of a turn on. 

He leaned up and kissed me, suddenly sensing my change in attitude. I was still in his lap, but he leaned me against the armrest so he was leaning over me.

I loved how we were getting more comfortable with each other, or I guess was getting more comfortable with him, but I could feel him holding back. 

Probably because he just found out I was raped by my foster father, but I didn't want him to treat me like I was going to fall apart. 

I gentle pulled away. "It's okay. I promise." I pushed him back up, this time straddling him.