21. Just Pretend It Never Happened

As expected, Jess was more than willing to sign any paperwork that would free me from Luke. Cole and Ian left immediately to meet her, with the promise to be back within 72 hours.

I don't even want to know how fast they were driving. 

All that was left to do was wait. 

Which was the hardest part...

I've just been pacing up and down the kitchen since they left, unable to take my mind off of it.

What if they get caught? What if the cops come before they get back? What if they crash? What if this doesn't work?

Aedyn just sat there, watching me for a while, but for sighing.

"Love, it's been hours. Come sit down and eat something." I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, so just come sit down."

"I can't." I couldn't, honest. I was too worry to sit, I needed to do something.

Aedyn stood up and grabbed my shoulders. "Let's go." He pulled me out of the kitchen and toward the front door.

"Where are we going?" We stepped out into the cold air.

"Just for a walk. You said it yourself, you like being outside." He rested his arm on my shoulders before pulling me into him. My body immediate sensed his warmth, and I wrapped my arms around is waist, shielding myself from the cold winter snow. 

We walked over to a swing set where pups can play, which thankfully was abandoned due to the late hour. Aedyn brushed off one of the swings before sitting me down. 

I sat quiet as he walked around me, feeling his hands press flat against the small of my back, suddenly shoving me forward. 

I squealed as I was pushed through the air, my face warming as I heard the low chuckle from behind me. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He caught me and kissed my temple, his hands getting caught in my hair.  He gently pulled my hair, causing my head to tilt back as he kissed my forehead. 

"How do you feel about us going on a run? You're wolf should be healed enough by now." Aedyn looked at me expectantly.  Suddenly I felt my wolf in distress and I grabbed my chest in pain. 

Even without words, I knew exactly what she was thinking. She doesn't want him to see her. She's still nervous about being a white wolf. I tired to reason with her, he's our mate, what harm can it do? But she kept freaking out, running in circles inside my head, and I couldn't do that to her. 

"Hey- Hey- Bobbi. Bobbi? What's wrong?" I opened my eyes to see Aedyn kneeling before me, looking extremely concern. 

"I'm- I'm okay." I took a deep breath. "I just got some pain where my stitches were. Maybe a run isn't such a good idea." My wolf calmed down as I refused his offer, but Aedyn's eyes just grew more worried. I felt a ping of guilt after lying to his face, but I couldn't do something blatenly against my wolf. 

"Do you need to go see Doc?" I shook my head.

"It's gone now. I probably just moved weird or something." He seemed to accept my answer, somewhat hesitantly.

"Okay, well let's at least go inside and have you sit down." His warms hands encircled mine, making me realize how cold I was. 

I nodded in response, and let him drag me back inside. We walked up to my room, where he gently took my jacket and watched me sit on my bed.