10. Just Aedyn. No Title.

Image of Ian (pack warrior)

It's been four days since Aedyn's and my little office scene. I still flinch when he goes to touch me, but I no longer jerk away. It's actually been kinda nice, having someone's hand to hold.

He still doesn't know though. The whole truth. And I never want him to. The moment he finds out what really happened, it's all over. 

He hasn't asked anymore questions, though. So maybe he doesn't care anymore? I hope so. 

Now that I'm trying to trust him, it would hurt like crazy to have to leave, but deep down I know that it's inevitable. I'm just pushing it away as far as I can.

I learned how to play Mario Cart though. In fact, Ian is losing to me right now.

"I swear you're cheating. It's simply not possible for you to win." Ian frantically pushed buttons trying to pull ahead.

I laughed. Really laughed. It feels so good to do that.

The remote suddenly flew across the room and hit a wall.  I jumped and Ian looked at me sheepishly. "Sorry, I forgot. But I quit. I don't play with cheaters."

"Seriously? You're such a sore loser." He looked at me in shock.

"Me? I'm not a sore loser. Technically I quick before you won, so I'm not even a loser." Ian shot me a pointed look.

"You forfeit. You did lose then." He tries to come up with a good comeback but just stuttered. "Yeah, exactly."

Suddenly, the room echoed with the sound of a stomach growling, and Ian looked at me sheepishly 

"Sorry, we had training this morning and I didn't have time to eat." 

 I hopped off the couch and headed to the kitchen.

"Wait What? Where are you going? All the cooks are gone." I rolled my eyes.

"I do know how to cook." He looked at me with awe.

"You'd do that for me?" I rolled my eyes again.

"Well if you have to come hang out with me, I might as well feed you." Aedyn doesn't think its a good idea for me to be wandering the pack house by myself, maybe because he knows I'd try to run away, but also because I'm still technically a rogue.

"You know you love it." Ian smiled at me and I rolled my eyes at him. 

I got all of the ingredients for waffles, and began working.

"Sooooo, what is Aedyn doing today?" I tried to be nonchalant about it, but he obviously saw right through it.

"Why?" He have gave me a wicked grin. "Does somebody miss him?"

"No, no- I just want- He said something and I...." My face went bright red and Ian laughed.

"Bob, I'm just messing. I'm pretty sure he had pack stuff to do today, phone calls and stuff. Didn't he tell you?" 

I shook my head. "He usually does, but I guess he forgot today." Oh wow. Way to sound completely needy Bobbi, that's great.

"Go visit him." I pushed the plate In front of him and shook my head.

"No. It's okay. I'm not going to bother him." 

"Trust me, he won't think you're bothering him. Aedyn will probably be so happy to see You, he won't even thing about anything like that." 

I shrugged. "It's not that important." 

"Bobbi. Go. You want to, and he'd love it. Honest. I'll clean up here." He looked at me completely sincere.