33. Big Girl Words

Bobbi's POV

I tried to call after Lacy as Cole walked her behind a tent, but Aedyn grabbed my hand and pulled me back. 

"Love, let him take care of her. It will do them both some good." I turned around and grabbed his waist. 

"I just want to help her, but I don't know how." I buried my head in his chest as his arms wrapped around me. 

"I know, Bobbi, but this is something that is just gonna take time. Don't you remember how long it took you to warm up to people?" I nodded my head. "Just be patient. I promise."  He kissed my head and let me go. 

Sara came up behind me and grabbed my shoulder. 

"Why don't we go win her some stuffed animals while we're here? Hm?" We took each other's hand and ran away, leaving our mates behind. 

After about 20 minutes of us throwing darts at paint-filled balloons, we had 3 medium-sized stuffed toys, and I turned to see Lacy and Cole walking towards the 4 of us. 

"Lacy! We got you presents!" Sara ran up to her and threw them into her arms.

"Aww, guys, you didn't have to. But thank you!" We all shared a group hug for a bit before I spoke up. 

"How are you feeling?" She tucked loose hair behind her ear. 

"I'm feeling better now, I'm sorry about that." Lacy grabbed her arm. 

"No, don't apologize. I literally can't imagine how you feel. You literally dragged my unconscious body out while witnessing a brutal murder. You can be upset for as long as you want." Sara and Lacy hugged for a second before Cole stepped in. 

"Alrighty guys, what do you say we go to the concession stand and buy some real food?" We all agreed and Aedyn threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked. 

I ordered a cheeseburger with steak fries and had to keep swatting Aedyn's hands away. 

"You have your own! Eat them!" He smiled at me, his blue eyes twinkling. 

"But yours taste better." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. 

"They are the exact same. They were probably made at the same time and everything." He kissed me and then tried to sneak a fry while my eyes were closed. "Babe, stop it!" I laughed at him. 

"But you love me... if you loved me you would give me fries." I pretended to think about it for a second. 

"Hm, fine. How about, you can take one of my fries if I take one of yours." His eyes lit up. 

"Deal." I laughed as he switched two fries between our plates.

"You guys are disgustingly cute." Cole pretended to gag, which made Lacy laugh. 

We all just ended up teasing each other a little bit and then playing some more carnival games until it was super late and we all started yawning. 

"We should probably head back now, it's getting late." Lacy rubbed her eyes at Cole's comments.

"Yeah, I don't want you to overdo it either," Ian turned to Sara. "How do you feel?"

"I feel fine, I'm just a little tired." She smiled a bit and wrapped her jacket around her tighter. 

"Aedyn, I can drive back." Ian offered and reached out his hands for the keys. Aedyn hesitated a bit, but then I could tell that the both of them were mindlinking for a second, and then Aedyn quickly turned over the keys. 

"What was that about?" I turned to Aedyn, but he just wrapped his arm around me and started pulling me towards the car.

"Don't worry about it, babe. It was nothing. Just Ian being stupid." I didn't say anything, but I could tell that he was lying to me.