Freedom

Sangyeon POV

Location: Warehouse

-

"Why so depressed? You all ain't gonna die yet. I'm here to save all your 12 asses." Aera said playfully while toying with her knife.

-

We all looked at her with widened eyes. When I looked up, I saw her eyes gleamed with sadness. Probably because she saw us covered in bruises and cuts.

She walked over to us, cutting the ropes which tied us up and instructed us to get our weapons and other stuff that was taken from the large black duffel bag. The last one to be freed from the ropes was me. I kept staring at her, wondering if this was a dream. I got too lost in my own thoughts, until she spoke.

-

"How long are you going to be staring at me? We need to get out of here before they found out you guys have escaped, so you should hurry up." She said.

"You're right. Sorry." 

-

I may sound serious, but inside me, I was screaming with happiness. 

-

"My sister finally woke up! SHE FINALLY WOKE UP! And we don't need to die soon!"

-

After equipping back our weapons, Aera told us to follow her, and also reminded us to be on-guard cause there still might be hidden men lurking around the hallways.

We started to run out of the dark room. The hallways and the doors are covered by blood, and I assumed this was Aera's actions. We ran up the stairs and to the rooftop.

Opening the door, the sunlight blinded my eyes. I have to let my eyes to get used to it, since I was kept in darkness for too long. A helicopter was in our sight, and Aera opened the door for us. Stepping inside the cabin, I saw Hongjoong, who was sitting on the pilot's seat, smiling at us.

-

"Congratulations that you all finally finished your 4 day trip to hell. Now welcome back to Earth." He joked.

-

We fastened our seatbelts. The helicopter started to rise, and went soaring into the air.

-

"How did you find us?" Eric asked Hongjoong.

"Don't ask me. Ask her. I didn't even know that you guys were missing. She went rushing into my office a few days ago like a maniac, yelling that you guys were held captive. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw her." Hongjoong said while pointing at Aera.

-

We all looked at Aera except Hongjoong, who was now focusing on driving the plane.

-

"Well...Someone gave me the information...?" She smiled nervously.

"Who? Only Golcha knew that we were taken." I said.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Anyways... glad to see me?" She smirked, trying to change the topic.

"We thought you would never wake up!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Jacob said you have a chance of never waking up and we were so scared that it will really happen." Hyunjoon said.

"Especially Sangyeon. He cried. And it's a very unusual thing to do. We never saw him do that." Sunwoo snickered and I glared at him.

"I actually just woke up 5 days ago. Oh and Jacob? My wounds are already fully healed. Thank you." Aera gave Jacob a thumbs up and continued. "I cooked you guys some food since I assumed that they will literally starve you to death. And it seems like I'm right cause you guys became as skinny as heck. The food is inside the bag. Serve yourselves."

-

Without any hesitation, all 12 of us started to grab the lunch boxes inside the bag, since we didn't really eat anything for the past 4 days.

-

"I am so lucky that I have met you." Haknyeon mumbled, chewing on his food.

"Tell us how you got in and found us. I thought that place was heavily guarded." Changmin said, cheeks already stuffed with food.

"After I knew that you guys were held captive, I made up a plan and ran to ask Hongjoong for help because I know I can't do this whole plan on my own. If you've paid attention to what's happening downstairs when we were running to the stairs, you can find the rest of Ateez down there with a bit of men. Me and Jongho went upstairs while San and Wooyoung went to the basement to search for you guys, and the rest were distracting the men. Joong was already up on the rooftop, waiting. Me and Jongho went separate ways when we arrived upstairs and I eventually found you. That's the whole story."

"Where are the others now?" Juyeon asked.

"They just left the warehouse. They left a bomb so no evidence would be left behind." Hongjoong said.
-

We then sat in comfortable silence, enjoying our food and the view until Hongjoong spoke.

-

"We have arrived at Ateez's HQ. Please remember to take all your personal belongings and step out of the vehicle carefully."

"Why are we here?" I asked Aera.

"You guys need to heal before you go back or some of your wounds will get infected." She said while pointing at my bleeding cuts.

-

§ Time skip to 3 hours later §

3rd Person POV

-

"We have already done check-ups and also cleaned up all your wounds. Please remember to change bandages often to prevent further infection. I wish you all a speedy recovery and good luck with your future activities." The doctor smiled and bowed.

"Finally we can go back home!" Younghoon exclaimed, smiling happily.

"I agree with Younghoon hyung though. I'm so tired. But he sure is smiling like an idiot." Chanhee teased.

"Yah! I'm your hyung! Show me some respect!" Younghoon shouted.

"Keep your voices down. This is a hospital, and we have not arrived home yet." Sangyeon warned.

"Sorry."

-

Outside the room

-
"Do you need me to give you guys a ride? I have free time now." Hongjoong asked.

"It's fine. I can drive. The van is downstairs. Besides, you've already done so much to help me. You need to go and rest." Aera replied.

"If you insist. I'll see you soon around then. Take care of those 12, and don't get hurt again young lady. I need your daily dose of sarcasm." Hongjoong said.

"Don't worry. I'll try not to get into serious injuries. Goodbye for now. Thank you Joong!" Aera smiled.