What A Brother (SapNap) [platonic]

plot idea: you are a streamer who has caught the attention of none other than Dream. one problem, you're his best friend sibling.

"c'mon sapnap, pleeeaaaassseee?!" Dream said over the call. this was the 5th time he had tried to get your number from Sapnap, because he was too chicken to ask you himself. "No, Dream, I am NOT going to give you my sibling's number! they are way too good for you! so stop asking!" he shouted back. Dream was about to protest, but Sapnap ended the call. he was not going to let his best friend date his sibling. not after last time.

you had come back to the apartment you shared with your brother crying. your boyfriend chad had cheated on you and when you confronted him about it, he had essentially yelled at you how you were nothing. it had left you an emotional wreck. from then on, Nick said he would keep that from happening again. which was why he wasn't going to give Dream your number until he knew he could trust him. sure, they had known each other for years, but he really wanted to be sure.

you knocked on your brother's bedroom door, holding 2 plates, each having a sandwich on it. the two of you would always sit and have lunch together to talk about how your days had been so far because sometimes streaming, recording, and editing took up too much of your time to talk to each other throughout the day. he opened the door with a slightly annoyed expression on his face taking one of the plates and sitting down at his desk. you pulled up a chair and sat in front of him. "So, what was all that shouting about?" you asked. Nick looked like a child that had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "Uh- um, well, you see," he sputtered.

"Let me guess," you said, chuckling. "Dream was asking for my number?" you said. his face dropped slightly when he realized you had been listening. "I just- I just don't want a repeat of what happened with your last relationship, ok? what if he hurts you?" he said. he was really concerned about you. he didn't want his younger (by 10 minutes) sibling to get hurt again. he could never let that happen. he cared about you too much.

"How about this," you started, looking up at him. "Give him my number, and if anything goes wrong, you can give him an earful, ok?" you said smiling. he looked at you, annoyed, but finally sighed. "Ugh, fine. but if he hurts you in any way, and I mean ANY way, he. is. dead. Do you hear me?" he said, and you chuckled. 

this was going to be interesting.

words:465

sorry for the short chapter!