Chapter 21

Zorawar

It was quite shocking for us to know that Gabriele is thinking that we have a mole among us, well if he believes then it can be true because logically thinking this theory seems right. I am also doing some background checks on the people from the tracks though I know none of them would backstab us but prevention is better than cure. I even cross checked Omar and Veronica because they also joined us at the time of dad's death but as usual we didn't find any dirt on them because first of all she has been visiting the tracks for many months before the incident and it's just a coincidence that she joined the day dad was shot.

The date of the race is coming up and many of the preparations are still left to be done, Veronica also had some duties but since she is not here my responsibilities has increased and it's not like I can call her back. She needed this vacation. The tracks are now empty as everyone has left so it's my time to leave. I locked my office and went out towards my bike, the moon was hiding behind the clouds looks like it will rain with that thought I started my bike and went towards my condo. Sometimes when it's late I stay back at my condo and don't return to the mansion which sometimes angers Jenny, she is a little spitfire inside a sixty year old lady. She is my step mom but she has always loved me as her own son, she never differentiated between Gabriele, Kyle and me. The woman who gave me birth was dad's one night stand, he was very drunk and he impregnated her but after I was born that woman just left me at my father's door and just vanished but Jenny took me in and helped me become the person I am today. I will always be grateful to her because everyone can't take in the child who is her husband's drunken night mistake. Jenny will always be my mom.

I was so lost at my thinking that I didn't see the black jeep following me but when I noticed it was quite late. They have reached very closer to me and I can see some bikers coming towards me from the front. I thought about taking a sudden turn but before I can do that my bike was pushed from the back with so much force that I slipped from the bike and was thrown away. I could feel my skin getting severely scratched but I couldn't stand up. The men stopped their vehicles and came to the spot where I was laying, I can see the chains and the baseball bats in their hands but I can't see their faces as they have covered their faces. Before I could do anything I was hit with the bat on my legs, I could feel my bones getting broken and a scream left my mouth. They continued their hitting and I couldn't do anything, they have broken many bones in my bodies and I can't even move. After a long hour of torture when I can't even feel myself breathing they stopped and left me there to die.

I saw them getting on their jeeps and bikes and driving away but I can't even do anything, I was just waiting for my death to come. I have no regrets in my life but the only thing I was regretting today was to not meeting Jenny before leaving the mansion and not finding out the killer of dad, I know these men were sent by the one who ordered dad's killing. The darkness was consuming me and I allowed it to take me away but before I could close my eyes I felt someone touching my face and saying something but I couldn't hear them their touch was like silk against my broken skin. I thought that it was an angel but angels don't come to rescue devils like me. With that thought I closed my eyes.