Grace's P.O.V

Well, my research has been going good so far.. And with all the notes and technology the scientists had left for me, I should have a cure in no time. Once I found the parasite's weakness against certain antibodies, all I have to do now is find something to strengthen those antibodies somehow..

So far Rhea has been just fine, and seeing as it's been about almost a week since her containment, I'm guessing her parasite is weak already. Jess however, has been complaining of pains in her stomach and head, and when I took a quick blood sample, of which I had to force her to do.. Her blood was tainted with some kind of black cell. I couldn't really figure out what it contained, but it can't be a good sign. She's been refusing to eat, which is worrisome, considering Jess' love for food.. I'm starting to think she may not make it..

I pinch the bridge of my nose. I've barely gotten any sleep. I might crash soon, but I have to keep working.

"Maci.." Rhea says from the other side of the room. I look around warily. "Hm..?" She stares at me from her containment tube. "You need to sleep. Take better care of yourself.. Working while sleep deprived isn't going to help your research..." I sigh. "I know.." I say. "But I can't sleep knowing that there's work to be done.." "But you need rest." Rhea scolds. "Fine." I say. "But you need to eat. Don't beat yourself up dude." Rhea folds her arms. "If it means you'll sleep some, then fine."

Suddenly I hear violent coughing come from Jess' containment tube. I look over to see Jess, who was just sleeping, coughing some kind of black liquid all over the floor of her tube. "W-woah-Jess?? Are you okay??" I yell as I run over to her tube. She's choking on this stuff.. I think, horrified. "Oh my- What do I do??" I rush toward my desk to press a button, opening her tube. I run inside and put her in the heimlich maneuver position and after doing the motion three times, she coughs up the rest of the substance. I drop her and she holds her stomach, tears running down her face, and still coughing. I'm going to have to move her to another tube or something and clean all of this up... I look at the tube right next to Rhea's. I had asked Birdboi and Scooby to put Jess in the one farthest from Rhea since.. Well.. The whole situation at hand.

I sigh and grab Jess' arms, pulling her up, and she trudges over as I lead her to the other tube. Once inside, I throw a few decontamination wipes inside with her, and tell her to clean up and give the wipes back to me afterward for examination. I close her previous tube to see what the substance does if not inside a host, and let it sit there. When Jess gave the wipes back through the food slot, I carefully took them, and put them inside a plastic bag, placing the bag inside a drawer for later. She's doing worse than I thought.. I think.