The past

.(A/N i changed their ages so that Annie and her friends are 16 and Maddy and Andy are 17)

28 september is when it all started.

My birthday.

Little did my parents know that their little girl wouldn't be as happy as they expected.
When i was younger i was bullied a lot, they would always call me ugly, fat and disgusting. The only person i had was Jeremy. He always made me feel better and be so sweet to me. He always used to say stuff like "it isnt true what they are saying" and "dont listen you're beautiful". Little did i know he didn't mean it all those 7 years.

Our relationship was as you could call it, magical. Even though we were so young, we used to do the most fun things together. We went to the cinema once to see this movie. Lets just say we didn't see much of the movie because we were throwing popcorn at eachother. That were fun times.

Four years ago i got to hear i had to move from belgium. That meant two things, first of all i didn't get to see my dad that often cause he still worked in belgium and secondly, I had to leave all my friends behind.

Everything was fine, i kept in touch with my friends and boyfriend and i made new friends.

Everything from then on started to go downhill, Jeremy cheated on me with my so called "best friend" and i got to know Maddy. Lets just say i went from a very happy and bubbly girl to someone i never thought i would be.

I got depressed.

Being depressed is anything but fun, i didn't have any life in me. The reason i got depressed? Being bullied. Its as easy as that. I started believing what people told me, they said i was ugly and would never be enough for anyone. They said i should starve and cut myself. Sometimes they said i should even kill myself. And that is what made me unhappy because that's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.

With me the person i would take a bullet for, was the person behind the gun. I was broken, couldnt trust anyone anymore. It takes so much time for me to trust someone and some people break that thrust in seconds.

After a while being depressed, the only way to get rid of my pain was with a blade. In the beginning i cutted a lot. Now its only when something bad happens, like now uncle mark died and Maddy broke my heart. I couldnt take it anymore that's why when i got home and noticed nobody was home, i took my blade.

***

When Maddy told me about his mother, i was stunned. It made me realise im not the only one with problems. Me cutting meant a lot to him because of his mother. Not because he cared about me ofcourse but because he lost the person he loved the most died because of depression.

"Im sorry, i didn't know.." I said crying.
"Ofcourse you didn't know! Nobody does, be proud you know something about me now, happy?" He shouted
"No ofcourse not, this is just such a big piece of information that im stunned." I whispered.
"Will you just now tell me if you will try to stop? Please?" He pleaded.
"Okay, for you."

Before i could say anything else his arms were rapped around me. I was about to say something when i realised all the sweet words he said to me. How i was perfect to him, so instead of saying what i was about to ask i said,

"Why? Why did you say all these things when you saw my scars?"
"What do you mean? Which words? Dont remember any words" he said looking uncomfortable.
"You said im perfect and that i stole your heart! Dont think i forgot." I laughed at this,
"Yeah about that, i need to go but we'll talk about this later!"

He almost ran away but before he did, he kissed me on my cheek. Maddy Hammington just freacking kissed me! Only on the cheek, dont dream too much.

That night i couldn't think straight and one thing is sure, Maddy stole my sleep.

---
Hope you liked it! Goodbye my little unicorns.
Anse.