CHAPTER 24: Deydey

"Anong gagawin mo?" My mother asked.

"Maliligo lang ako, Ma"

I chamfered a little before walking slowly towards the bathroom. My entire body was tired, feeling so unwell. I was reluctant to do things. Gusto ko lang mag-pahinga at matulog buong araw.

I had a minor surgery in my right shoulder. It was already diagnosed after I was rushed in the hospital. The doctor said it was fine to take continuous medication pero habang tumatagal, I started to feel pain in my jaw down to neck too. The doctor finally agreed that I should undergo a surgery.

I started crying again while taking a bath. Hindi ko pa pwedeng basain ang tahi ko dahil baka maimpeksyon iyon. Napahagulgol ako. I was so tired.

It feels a little different too now. Maliit na ang tiyan ko. I was careful because I was feeling sick and not because there is something inside me to take care of.

Wala na akong maramdaman sa tiyan ko. After taking raspa that day, I never experienced any side effects. Sometimes, I kept on wishing that they did it poorly. Leaving traces of anything that might poison me.

That way, I'll... die too.

I am staying with my family again. Si Mama at si Ate ang naga-alaga sa akin dahil hindi pa ako pwedeng masyadong magki-kilos.

"Did you get the plate number?"

I tilted my head a little while looking at myself in the mirror. I heard Ken's voice outside my room. I just shrugged it off and continued to brush and dry my hair.

"Kiara, nandito siya" sabi ni Mama kaya agad ko siyang nilingon.

I am lying on the bed already while reading a book. I sighed before turning my head to look at her.

Umiling ako. A sign that I wasn't ready to see him yet.

Kaagad na sinarado ni Mama ang pinto ng kwarto ko. I stood up slowly and went out of my room. Lumapit ako sa bintana at sinilip siya.

Ken started walking towards his car. Just wearing a black shirt and a pair of cargo shorts. My heart starts to shatter when I saw his face again before entering the car.

He.... looks different. He looks tired and exhausted. I couldn't recognise him at first.

How long has it been? A month ?

Hindi ko na alam kung ilang beses siyang bumabalik dito sa bahay namin. I never showed myself to him. He needs to rest too.

After everything that happened, guilt and loneliness just conquered my soul. I was disinterested and continued to isolate myself from everyone. Everything was evoking a poignant reminder of Jeyda.