Chapter 6: Oh No?

Josie's P.O.V

Waking up this morning felt really off. I was once again in Hopes house but she wasn't hungover or anything. Instead she was dressed in her casual clothes eating breakfast while looking at her iPad. She didn't bother to look up or anything. She was so focused and lost in her work. "Don't you ever take a break" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I took a break yesterday night, now I have to go over a few things for my meeting Monday" Hope didn't even bother to glance at my direction. It was like her eyes were glued to the small screen. I rolled my eyes and kicked the girl making her jump a bit. She finally put her iPad down and looked at me with a death glare. If looks could kill. She took my cup of coffee and drank it finishing it it before placing it back by my plate. She was so childish. I grabbed her strawberries off her plate and ate them flipping her off.

"Are you going to tell me what exactly I'm doing as a sales associate." I finally decided to ask about my knew job position. A few days ago Hope thought it would be a grand idea if I worked in the sales department. Not just any sales group on no; I was put in team 3. That's where careers go to die. It's was known as Mikaelson's garbage disposal. And I did try to protest but she kept repeating that phrase. You're the pawn, I'm the Queen, it's like she has nothing else to say. What pissed me off more was when she said that to me she cupped my face with one hand and told me if I saw that coming. Oh she was trying to make my life hell. That was my line.

"There's a reason I'd put you on the sales department." The girl took a sip of her juice and handed me her iPad. "I wanted to start a program for kids who struggle with school and day to day life." She smiled at me. "I want you to sale this idea to a few brands, get them on board."

I was taken back by the idea. This was something totally different then what the Mikaelson company was. They specialize in luxury but this new project was far from it. Giving back to the community and helping other in a way that only Hope knew. She knew what it was like to struggle both at home and at school. Now she had a chance to help kids go down a path that was better then what others had written for them. I mean throughout middle school, Hope was the problematic student, even the teachers thought she would get no where in life. It always pissed me off when I'd hear that.

"This is really cool, you have the blueprints and everything here. How long did it take you to come up with this" I asked the girl scanning through every bit of information.

"A while" she shrugged and took her tablet away. I gave her a dissatisfied look but she just laughed me off. The rest of breakfast was silent, but even then it wasn't bad. It never was with this girl. Silence was peacefully and relaxing. Enjoying each other presence. Trying to take few glances at one another without getting caught. It became a game that none of us acknowledged.

Once I was done I took Hopes plate and took it to the sink to wash it. She followed me into the kitchen and sat on the counter watching me. She slowly kicked her dangling feet like a kid trying to entertain themself with anything. "Can I help you" I stopped what I was doing and looked at Hope, she just smiled at me.

"No. I was just thinking" Hope began. She opened her mouth to speak but then closed it. I leaned back on the sink waiting for another response. "Today's Saturday. I was thinking we could hang out" her glance never once left mine and her smile never faded. It was that smile. That smile I hated so much because I knew, I couldn't deny her.

"Aren't we hanging out right now" I gestured to us laughing a little. Hope looked up and nodded her hand. She got off the counter and walked a few steps towards me unsure of what to do next. She bit the bottom of her lip looking away almost holding herself back from doing something.