The Girl Who Forgot Memories Part 2

Chapter 19

In fairness, I can say that the food tastes delicious. The beef was tasty. I loved it. But in the middle of the meal, I was a little taken aback when I remembered something.

"By the way, what's with the karmic death Saint?" I asked out of nowhere.

"I told you not to—"

He didn't finish what he was about to say because I was the one who continued.

"Call me by my name, so quit it." I said, mimicking what he was saying earlier, "you've been saying that for the whole day, bad spirit. Why not just answer my question? " I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you want to die?" Nonchalantly, he asked.

I rolled my eyes with that, "Yes, I want too, but I know that it won't happen, so instead of questioning me, just answer my question. I promise I won't call you by your name again, Saint. " While uttering that, I barely waved the fork and knife I was holding.

That is when I saw him sigh in frustration.

The enemy has been slain.

"The black envelope I gave to you was called a death note." He sighed again, as if tired. "There are three types of causes of death that you will encounter." That's while raising his three fingers. He looks cute with that, so I had to hold back a smile for him not to notice it while looking at him. It is difficult, but manageable. I guess, "The first is the fated death," which means that the human being is doomed to death by the passage of time, in other words, "game over." He explained that somehow I understood.

"The next one is an accidental death, meaning they are not supposed to die, but they have to, in order to balance the human world." This time he makes a serious face. "While the last one was a karmic death, it was a punishment death that the almighty had designed. As you saw a while ago, you reap the human who has karmic death. And because of her karmic fate, those who die on the bus with her should die also."

What he said made my whole being horrendous, which reached the point where I did not realize that I was bowing down.

She searched everywhere where her parents were, only to find out that they had even forgotten about her too. Her parents are now having another child, whom they love and cherish the most. A child who obeys the commandments and will not turn a deaf ear to the commands of his or her parents.

"Those sinners who killed, murdered, or did anything else were doomed to karmic death,"

This time it hit me. 

My father died because of the karmic fate of one of them. Either it's Albus or Hailey.

"You got it right!" I immediately looked up at him. He seems to be reading my mind again. His face is serious, not mocking nor grinning. For some unknown reason, anger welled up inside me. That explains why I don't see a grim reaper behind my father because he wasn't destined to die. It is their fault.

I took a deep breath while trying my best to calm myself.

It's over, Mary Sean. There is no use in getting angry. They are all dead already.

I sigh.

"What about those who have committed suicide?" I just asked that to get rid of the anger that was starting to spread inside me.

"Oh, that, we can't reap them. " My forehead furrowed because of that.

"Why?"

"We grim reapers only reap those souls who have a death note, but they don't have one. That's why they become lost souls. In that case, we have to kill them for the second time around. After that, they will vanish and won't ever be reincarnated again. " I let go of my grip on what he said. I seemed to run away hungry, and my body was cold.

"Well, those who have karmic death also won't reincarnate, but in your case, yes, you're a lost soul, but you're the Guardian of a soul too. That's how ironic your fate is. We killed a lost soul, but we can't kill you because you are their guardian. You know what I mean, but then it's as if you erased it from your memory. So because I'm not nice, I won't tell you. " There I lost my words. At that moment, my hunger seemed to disappear suddenly. I lost my temper and eventually weakened.

He may be right. I know what he was saying about being the Guardian of the Soul, but I chose not to remember. It sounds impossible, but to tell you honestly, I can forget anything I want to forget. Like how I forgot why my mother died. My father won't tell me either what's happened. That's why it's become a mystery too.

At that moment, a question lingers in my head.

Who am I?

Eventually, the girl repented. She regrets deliberately forgetting the things her parents told her to do.

The Girl Who Forgot Memories was the title of the children's story that I think has a resemblance to my current situation. What that story wants to convey is that children had to learn to obey their parents because they had no command that we should perish. However, I disagree with the story at some point because I know that not all parental commands are right. However, I know that is not the only thing the story conveys to its reader. It also tells us not to be deaf and to simply give up the responsibility given to us, because, according to Newton's third law of inertia, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It simply means that deafness and renunciation of responsibility have the consequence of great punishment.

And perhaps, just perhaps, this was my punishment.

I M _ V E N A