Chapter 2: Storms

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Well, here's Chapter 2!
Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 2: Storms
_________________________________
Fighter trudged down the palace's long hallways to her room. The day was nearly over. The setting sun spilled in through the cathedral-style windows giving everything a soft, pink glow. She had finished her guardian duties and was heading straight to bed. The lack of sleep was starting to give her a throbbing headache. In a flash, Fighter let her transformation go, returning to her civilian self.

"Seiya!" a distinct voice echoed from the end of the corridor. A petite figure approached her from the shadows.

It was Yaten, walking slowly as if she expected the world to wait for her.

"What is it?" Seiya asked tiredly. She didn't want to deal with anyone. All she wanted to do was lay her head on her pillow and close her eyes. Her dreams were much better than reality lately.

"The Princess wants to talk to you," Yaten replied. There was a serious edge in her voice.

"Oh?"

"I'm not sure what it's about. She seemed worried though. She wants you to come to her room." Yaten raised her eyebrow as she spoke.

Seiya was shocked. Rarely did the Princess ever invite anyone there. What could this be about? She gave a nod to Yaten and made her way to the Princess's quarters. Have I done something wrong?

At the end of the hall, she raised her fist and gently knocked.

"Princess?" she called softly.

"You may enter," replied Kakyuu.

Seiya pushed the door open and stepped into the Princess's room. The walls were a soft pastel orange, accenting the plush cream carpet at her feet. It was large and dimly lit by candles along the walls. She'd only been in there a few other times, and the exquisite interior never failed to take her breath away.

Kakyuu was sitting on a sofa in the corner. She motioned for Seiya to come and sit next to her.

This is weird. I feel out of place in here. What's going on? Did something happen? She sat uncomfortably on the edge of the soft sofa.

"You called, Princess?"

Kakyuu nodded. She raised her orange eyes to meet Seiya's. The dim light made them sparkle like rhinestones.

"Fighter... I know you are most likely tired, so I will get straight to the point. Something has been bothering you lately. Do you wish to speak of it?"

Seiya was taken aback. She wasn't expecting this. First Yaten, and now the Princess. Was she being that weird lately?

"I'm fine, Princess," she answered quickly, realizing Kakyuu was waiting for a response. She held her gaze steady to be more convincing.

Kakyuu smiled warmly. "You can tell me anything. You do know that, right?"

Seiya nodded without a moment's hesitation. "Yes, of course."

"You know, it's almost the anniversary of our return. Perhaps you're reminiscing of your time on planet Earth? With Sailor Moon?"

Seiya flinched, but hid it well. A bloom of pink tinted her cheeks.

Noticing the subtle reaction, Kakyuu said, "I understand. It was an interesting journey for you three. Through Chibi Chibi's incense burner, I only caught glimpses. Now that things have returned to normal, it may be difficult to adjust to our previous lives. But I have a feeling that that isn't what this is about..." Her voice was soft and nurturing.