Chapter 33: Wide Awake

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 33: Wide Awake
_________________________________

Like an elevator free falling from the top floor, Seiya hit rock bottom so quickly she went numb. Her stomach flip flopped. She wanted to puke.

Bun Head has a kid with him. She has a child. This whole time. But how? How did she hide the baby all this time I've known her? How did she go to school?

"Before your mind runs too far away, you should know she isn't born yet. Chibi-Usa exists only in the future," Tuxedo Mask offered.

"W...what?"

Pluto stepped forward. "The 30th century to be exact. Small Lady lives in Crystal Tokyo with King Endymion and Neo Queen Serenity."

"King En...who?"

Tuxedo Mask crossed his arms and exchanged glances with Pluto. "Just as I thought, she hasn't told you anything. No wonder you're so clueless," he said.

"Does someone want to tell me what's going on here?" Seiya demanded. She hated feeling ignorant, especially when her world was crumbing right before her very eyes.

"Chibi-Usa is me and Mamo's future daughter, Seiya," Usagi said quietly.

Seiya turned back to the girl in her arms.

"Chibi-Usa came back to the past many times. She...she lived at home with me for a while. She left before you came Seiya, that's why you never met her. I haven't seen her in a few years, that's why...I wasn't thinking...what would happen if you and me..."

A tear slid down her cheek, landing in her lap. Usagi buried her face in her hands and mourned silently.

"Bun Head..." Seiya watched her cry, frozen. Her words made her feel queasy. Coming from anyone else, she wouldn't believe it, but from Usagi, she knew it was the truth.

Pluto continued, "Because of what's happened between you two, the future is changing. If Usagi and Mamoru don't get together, their daughter won't exist."

Seiya's head was spinning. They were dumping too much information on her at one time. She didn't even know time travel was possible. And did they say 30th century?

Mamoru stared at Seiya. "Now you know why we came here. We have to protect our destiny from changing by any means. If we don't, we're all going to lose a very close friend, and certainly you wouldn't want that for Usako, now would you?"

His words ached. Seiya reached out to comfort her, but drew back. She wasn't sure how Usagi felt and didn't want to make it worse. She was the reason Usagi was crying. Because of the relationship they shared, someone's life was at risk. Someone very important to her. Somebody Seiya didn't know existed until now.

Seiya suddenly felt out of place. Here she'd been, thinking she and Usagi stood a chance together. Not even just now, but during their search for their Princess too. She'd been completely unaware of this secret all along. How could she have kept something so big from her? Did she even know Usagi at all? How could she compete with something like that?

It hit Seiya that she never really stood a chance in the first place. This changed everything.

Seiya closed her eyes. "Bun Head...if I'd known this, I wouldn't have...I never would have...I'm so sorry," she looked away in a desperate attempt to hide the unborn tears in her eyes.