Chapter 32: Confrontation

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy =)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.

_________________________________
Chapter 32: Confrontation
_________________________________

Usagi wasn't sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her or not.

She had come to associate the sight of the masked man in a tuxedo with relief. The countless times he had rescued them during the climax of a fight wasn't something she could forget so easily. Seeing him standing there made her forget where and when she was.

She was taken back to the last time she'd seen that suit; two years ago when they'd fought Nehelania. With his absence during Galaxia, and the vacancy of enemies recently, there was no need for battle. No need to be saved. It'd been so long since she'd last seen him in his disguise, she was sure she was imagining things.

But there he was, standing before them top hat and all. His lips were pursed together in tight, fine line. Although his eyes were hidden behind a white mask, he didn't look happy.

"Mamo...?" Usagi took a step forward. "Why are you...how did you...?"

A tall woman stepped forward from the shadows. The twilight shone on her tanned skin. She stood in her typical sailor guardian uniform, garnet rod clenched in her hand.

"Sailor Pluto? I...don't get it. Why are you two here on Kinmoku?"

Their cold stares flitted to the Starlight behind her in response to her question.

Usagi turned around.

Seiya wore an unreadable expression. Whatever emotions were running through her, she did a good job of concealing them. She stood with her hands at her sides, eyes glued to the intruders.

"We need to speak with you," Pluto said to Usagi. She reached out and took her hand. "Please, come with me."

"What? Why?" she objected. Pluto's grasp was firm and unquestionable. She ignored her and dragged Usagi away from the gazebo.

Seiya rushed after them. "Hey!" she yelled. "What are you doing with her? What's going on?"

Pluto stopped in her tracks. She turned around with Usagi in hand and stared expressionlessly at the Starlight. She said nothing. The way the sundown hit her sienna eyes made them look almost red. A treacherous shade of red.

Seiya tried not to shudder under her piercing gaze. She frowned and hurried after them. It wasn't easy in her long, constricting dress.

"Why are you here?" she demanded once she caught up to them.

Usagi pulled her hand out of Pluto's grasp and brought it close to her body. She didn't have a good feeling about this. Had they somehow found out about her and Seiya?  Were they here to expose her as a cheater?

"I need to speak with her," Pluto repeated. She turned to Usagi and told her, "Please, there is urgent news. It will not take long."

Usagi gulped. Urgent news? What? Her eyes shifted between her fellow sailor guardian and Seiya. If they had come all this way, she really had no choice but to hear them out. After a second of hesitation, she swallowed and stepped after her.

"Bun Head..."

Usagi put on an apologetic smile. "I'll just listen to what she has to say, 'kay? I'm not going anywhere, I promise, Seiya." Her voice was tight.